Tags: customizable facebook feed, facebook, facebook feed, facebook group, facebook like box, facebook likes, facebook page, facebook photos, facebook plugin, facebook posts, facebook likebox
Requires at least: 3.4
Requires PHP: 5.2
Tested up to: 5.3
Stable tag: 1.1.18
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
== Description ==
= Useful Links: =
[Premium 10Web Social Feed](https://10web.io/plugins/wordpress-facebook-feed/)
[Special Offer for all Premium Plugins](https://10web.io/wordpress-plugins/)
Integrating customized content to your WordPress website from Facebook can't be any easier when using 10Web Facebook Feed plugin. It provides features to display a wide range of content from any page with full control over the content length, type and styling.
Whether you want to display an entire timeline of the feed with all its content, or just specific photos, videos, links and statuses from it, you can easily do that by choosing the desired post type you want to display. Each of the content type has its display views available and its own set of settings that you can fully customize.
The plugin features a powerful lightbox which supports filmstrip display (Premium version), 15 transition effects and can display the feed photos in a pop-up window. Configure the settings for lightbox and comments in just a few clicks.The feeds are inserted into the posts and pages with a shortcode and are mobile responsive.
* **No feed limitations** - 10Web Facebook Feed lets you display unlimited number of feeds on every post and page. You can have different feeds based Facebook pages within the same page or post.
* **User engagement** - Facebook is a social media giant and most probably a great majority of your site visitors uses it on a daily basis. Displaying feeds with relevant content is definitely going to increase user engagement of your posts and have your visitors stay on your website way longer.
* **Go social** - Your posts might be really interesting and engaging, but a little bit of content from Facebook won't do any harm. You can support your posts with relevant content from Facebook and actually make your posts and pages look more interesting and fun.
* **Filter out desired content** - Facebook is a great source of information, but sometimes there is just too much of the stuff that's not relevant to your website or you simply don't want to show in your posts. With the premium version of 10Web Facebook Feed you can choose specific content types you want your visitors to see and engage with, such as photos, videos, albums.
* **Customization** - There are wide range of feed customizing options in the plugin to make sure your feeds don't look boring. Depending on the content type you want to display you can choose between different layout options. Also if you're using the premium version of the plugin there are various themes available that you can apply to the feeds.
* **Be in Charge** - 10Web Facebook Feed is giving you full control over the content you want to display. You can choose posts' user roles, the number of the posts displayed on the page, the length of the posts, feed update option, enable social sharing buttons, and many more.
* **Awesome support at your disposal** - The team behind 10Web Facebook Feed provides timely and effective support to all its users. We keep standards high and response time low.
**What's in it**
Displayed feeds are responsive and scale perfectly to any screen.
You can display as many feeds within the same post or page. Moreover, the feeds can be based on different Facebook pages.
**FEED AUTO UPDATE**
Specify the feed update interval, and the feed content will be automatically updated within the provided time period. You can also choose feed update option, whether the old posts are removed when the new ones are added, or the old ones are displayed together with the new ones.
You can insert the feeds into your posts or pages using the provided shortcode, or display the feeds with the widget on the sidebar areas of your website. All the feed options, including feed view, number of posts,and the theme can be configured for the widget as well.
**MULTIPLE FEED LAYOUTS**
10Web Facebook Feed comes with a number of feed display layouts - Album view for albums, Masonry and Thumbnail views for Facebook videos and photos. The view options are available in the premium version, and vary depending on the content type you want to display.
The users of the premium version will find four themes that they can apply to the feeds. The free version uses the default theme. All the parameters of the themes can be configured and reset any time.
The plugin features an advanced lightbox which supports full-width view and 15 transition effects. The premium version of the plugin also support filsmtrip view within the widget.
*Some customizations described here are available in Premium version. Please refer to premium feature summary below.*
To have 10Web Facebook Feed plugin up and running you have to create an app on Facebook. This is a required step by Facebook, but it's pretty easy once you check the plugin's user guide. Under the plugin's general options you provide Facebook app ID and secret, and then you can specify the feed auto update interval, choose the date format for posts.
Adding feeds is just a matter of a few clicks. You just click on the **Add new** button from the feeds section of the plugin, and a new window with four setting tabs will open, including settings for the feed, lightbox, comments. From the main feed settings you set the page to create a feed with. Under the main settings you can also choose whether you display the whole timeline of the feed, or choose to display only specific content, such as only photos, videos, links.
With a Facebook page feed, you can filter out the content based on user roles, and show posts and updates only from the page owner or other users from the group, or both. There is a long list of the lightbox settings you can enable, including social share buttons, showing comments, playing filmstrip, and more. The comments settings mainly include choosing comment filtering option, whether its top level or stream, with the former being the same structure as in Facebook and the latter including all-level comments. Here you can also enable showing the comment replies and choose commenting order.
**[Premium version adds](https://10web.io/plugins/wordpress-facebook-feed/)**
* Specific content feeds, where you can choose to display only single type of content from your Facebook wall (photos, videos, albums)
* Show Facebook share buttons
* Advanced lightbox with comments
* Filmstrip for lightbox
* Themes to change styles and colors for each view
* Multiple layouts – album view for albums, masonry and thumbnail views for Facebook videos and photos
* Social sharing for feed to Google Plus, Twitter and Facebook
If you think you found a bug in 10Web Facebook Feed or have any problem/question concerning this plugin, please check out [Support Forum](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wd-facebook-feed) .
== Changelog ==
= 1.1.18 =
* Removed: Banner to install Image optimizer.
= 1.1.17 =
* Fixed: Styles with Twenty Twenty theme.
= 1.1.16 =
* Improved: Do not use Font Awesome.
* Added: Like button to Blog style view.
= 1.1.15 =
* Added: Ask a question button.
= 1.1.14 =
* Fixed: Minor bug
= 1.1.13 =
* Fixed: Security issues
= 1.1.11 =
* Fixed: Single quote in owner info broke the lightbox.
= 1.1.10 =
* Fixed: Cannot add Facebook feed if the page title contains slash
= 1.1.9 =
* Added: Feed edit links for Elementor widget.
= 1.1.8 =
* Fixed: Notice on creating a feed.
= 1.1.7 =
* Added: Banner to install 10Web manager.
= 1.1.6 =
* Fixed: Minor bug.
= 1.1.5 =
* Changed: Links to 10Web.io.
= 1.1.4 =
* New: Gutenberg block
* Fixed: Replace curl calls by wp_remote_get and wp_remote_post
* Fixed: Failing to save theme (Premium)
* Fixed: Compatibility with some plugins
= 1.1.3 =
* Added: Facebook widget in 10Web Builder
= 1.1.2 =
* Fixed: Inserting shortcode when when no feed is selected
* Fixed: Events features are removed because Facebook events API was shut down
= 1.1.0 =
* **Important: Breaking change. Obtaining page access token is required to display your page content with 10Web Facebook Feed plugin.
* Fixed: Error on PHP 7.2
* Fixed: Notices when feed is unpublished
* Changed: Deactivation popup
= 1.0.38 =
* New: Using page access token
* New: Reset and update cached Facebook data
* Changed: Uninstall page moved from separate menu to settings page
* Changed: Session usage removed
* Fixed: WordPress loopback request error because of sessions
* Fixed: PHP notices in widget
= 1.0.37 =
* Changed: API requests reduced from frontend
* Changed: Use another token if API returns any kind of error
* Removed: Likes temporarily not displayed
* Fixed: Unnecessary requests from feeds list admin screen
= 1.0.36 =
* Changed: Use built-in access tokens if user's token has expired rate limit
= 1.0.35 =
* Fixed: Crash on front end when API returns error
* Improved: Use another access token if API request limit of current token is exceeded
= 1.0.34 =
* Fixed: Bug on video post
= 1.0.33 =
* Fixed: Empty post bug
* Changed: Default API keys
* Fixed: Bug on setting API keys from options
= 1.0.32 =
* Important: Facebook API has been changed on without any warning, and now it does not allow bringing posts from public groups.
= 1.0.31 =
* Fixed: Bug on autoupdate
* Fixed: Bug on comments
= 1.0.30 =
* Changed: Deactivation popup
= 1.0.29 =
Added: Support forum and Review links.
= 1.0.28 =
* Fixed: Spinning icon
= 1.0.27 =
* Changed: Show notification to install Backup WD plugin only on plugin pages.
= 1.0.26 =
* Fixed: Unexpected error when saving feed
* Added: Notice to install Backup WD plugin
= 1.0.25 =
* Fixed: Updated library to prevent conflict with PHP version 7
= 1.0.24 =
* Changed: Default tokens
= 1.0.23 =
* Fixed: Translations
= 1.0.22 =
* Fixed: shortcode styles and tinymce errors on WP 4.8
= 1.0.21 =
* Fixed: Bug on autoupdate
* Fixed: Event ordering
= 1.0.19 =
* Changed: Autoupdate
= 1.0.18 =
* Added: Support Forum links
= 1.0.17 =
* Added: Overview page
* Changed: Deactivation
= 1.0.16 =
* Fixed: Conflict with Visual Composer
* Changed: Data optimization
= 1.0.15 =
* Fixed: bug on posts with no shares
* Fixed: bug on showing old events
= 1.0.14 =
* Fixed: Bug on reactions
* Fixed: Bug on multiple Feeds
* Fixed: Bug on widget dimension
= 1.0.13 =
* Changed: Featured plugins
* Fixed: Bug with albums
= 1.0.12 =
* Fixed: Changes in database after plugin version update via FTP or AJAX requests with silent activation
= 1.0.11 =
* Added: Reactions
* Changed: Graph api calls
* Fixed: Minor bugs
= 1.0.10 =
* Added: Notice for appID and access token
* Changed: Default tokens
= 1.0.9 =
* Fixed: Maximum Post message(description) Length option bug
* Fixed: Minor bug
= 1.0.8 =
* Fixed: Minor bug
= 1.0.7 =
* Fixed: Bug in creating tables
= 1.0.6 =
* Fixed: Broken image in Firefox
* Fixed: Post with quotes
= 1.0.5 =
* Added: Review, User guide notices
= 1.0.4 =
* Fixed: Bug in Autoupdate
= 1.0.3 =
* Added: Event ordering by event date
* Added: Languages
= 1.0.2 =
* Minor bug fixed
= 1.0.1 =
* Minor bug fixed
= 1.0.0 =
* Initial version
== Screenshots ==
1. 10Web Facebook Feed - Timeline
2. 10Web Facebook Feed - Videos
3. 10Web Facebook Feed - Albums view
4. 10Web Facebook Feed - Mansory View
5. 10Web Facebook Feed - Edit Facebook Feed
6. 10Web Facebook Feed - Edit Theme
7. 10Web Facebook Feed - Edit Options
== Installation ==
#### Thank you for your interest in 10Web Facebook Feed.
### Minimum requirements.
* Wordpress 3.4+
* PHP 5.x
* MySQL 5.x
### Perform a new installation
After downloading the ZIP file of the plugin,
1. Log in to the administrator panel.
2. Go to Plugins Add > New > Upload.
3. Click "Choose file" ("Browse") and select the downloaded zip file of the plugin.
4. Click "Install Now" button.
5. Click "Activate Plugin" button for activating 10Web Facebook Feed.
If the installation does not succeed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com).
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= What does Facebook Feed plugin do? =
The plugin comes with a number of great features and functionality. Add as many feeds as you want and easily display content from your Facebook page in any posts or pages using shortcodes.
= How can I create a Facebook feed with this plugin? =
Each feed includes various options which are grouped in tabs:
* Lightbox Settings,
First, name your feed and set the **URL** of your Facebook page, for example:
While creating feeds, you can display the full timeline of all posts, or with specific type of data:
= What kind of content can I display with my Facebook feed? =
Using 10Web Facebook Feed plugin, you can display full **Timeline** of your Facebook page, as well as **Specific** data, such as only photos or videos. Use **Content Type** option under **Feed Settings** to select this.
With this content type, you can display all posts from the page. Set the number of posts to be displayed. You can choose not to update the feed, and just import selected number of posts once.
Furthermore, you can configure auto-update to sync your feeds with new posts from your Facebook page.
Using Timeline content type, you are able to showcase your posts using stunning **Blog Style layout** of 10Web Facebook Feed plugin.
Display only photos or videos, albums of your Facebook page, using **Specific** content type. You can choose one of the following four options:
The layouts you can use for Specific feeds differ depending on content type.
* **Photos** and **Videos** can be showcased with **Thumbnails** and **Masonry** layouts,
* For **Albums** you can use **Album** layout,
= How do I publish Facebook Feed on my website? =
You can publish Facebook Feed on a **post** or **page,** as well as with a **widget.**
**Publishing on Pages and Posts**
To showcase the created feeds on a page or post, you need to use the **shortcode** of 10Web Facebook Feed. Add or edit the page or post, where you need to have your Facebook feed. Press **Add Facebook Feed** button and select the feed.
After pressing **Insert** button, the shortcode will be added to the content of your page or post.
**Publishing as a Widget**
Navigate to **Appearance > Widgets** page to begin configuring a Facebook feed widget. Find **10Web Facebook Feed widget** and drag it to the necessary widget area. Fill in the following settings and press **Save.**
* **Title.** Set a title for your Facebook feed widget.
* **Feed.** Select the feed which you wish to showcase.
* **View.** Choose the layout for the feed. Depending on feed content type, this can be set to Blog Style, Album, Masonry and Thumbnails.
* **Count.** Set a constant number of posts which will be displayed with the widget.
* **Dimensions.** Define the dimensions of Facebook feed widget.
* **Theme.** Select the theme for the widget.
= How can I change the appearance of Facebook feeds? =
WordPress Facebook Feed plugin includes **7 built-in themes,** one of which is set to be the default. You can modify these themes or create a new one. You have the option to reset the theme options to their defaults anytime.
Each theme provided by 10Web Facebook Feed plugin consists of the following sections:
* **Thumbnails.** Configure options for thumbnail border, hover effect, transition, margin, padding, view and thumbnail background colors and transparency level, image alignment, image title options, like and comment box options.
* **Masonry.** Configure options for masonry thumbnail border, padding, view and thumbnail background colors and transparency level, like and comment box options, hover effects, image description options.
* **Compact Album.** Configure options for thumbnail border, hover effect, transition, margin, shadow, padding, view and thumbnail background colors and transparency level, image title options, back button options.
* **Blog Style.** Configure options for comments box, Like, share, comment display, hashtags, image captions, location and dates, page, profile name and feed overall settings.
* **Lightbox Page.** Configure options for lightbox background, control, toggle, close and navigation buttons, filmstrip options, story options,Like, share, comment display, hashtags and comments options.
* **Navigation.** Configure navigation button options, which will be used for masonry, thumbnail, compact album and blog style views.
= How can I display comments in the feed? =
Comments can appear with the standard structure of Facebook, which displays only **Top level** comments without replies, as well as **Stream,** which shows both the comments and their replies.
If you want to use Top level but give a function to show all replies then enable **Show replies** option. Comment feed can be set either in chronological or reverse chronological order.
= Can I modify the appearance of the lightbox? =
Furthermore, you can modify the features of it using **Lightbox Settings** tab inside your feed.
* **Full width lightbox.** The output of the full width lightbox will be a large lightbox covering entire display of the used device.
* **Lightbox dimensions.** If you opt for fixed-size lightbox you need to configure its dimensions.
* **Lightbox effect.** There are 15 lightbox effects for image transitions. You can choose one of them or skip it, setting lightbox effect to **None.**
* **Lightbox autoplay.** Autoplay will change images within given time interval.
* **Time interval.** Set time which will be applied for shifting images in lightbox.
* **Open comment box.** Choose whether to display comments of the image/video in lightbox or not.
* **Show filmstrip in lightbox.** By enabling filmstrip you will display small thumbnails of images/videos included in album/timeline. When hitting a filmstrip thumbnail the user will get a chance to open up the corresponding image/video and continue lightbox navigation from there.
In addition, you can display comments on the lightbox, likes, author, post name, and much more.
= My Facebook page feed doesn't display anything. How can this be fixed? =
The feed might not be working correctly because the page you are trying to display with 10Web Facebook Feed plugin has **age** or **country restrictions.**
Therefore, please make sure to remove the restrictions, and try again.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
Typosquatting is an easy hack that poses an extinction-level threat to your...
A footer is VERY important part of your WordPress website. Learn how to imp...
Why do you need to manage customer information and customer interactions, a...
How to create tabs with HTML and jQuery. Need a tabbed view for your websit...