Contributors: intoxstudio, devinstitute, freemius
Donate link: #
Tags: custom sidebars, sidebar, hide sidebar, display widgets, widget, bbpress, buddypress, sidebar manager
Requires at least: 4.7
Requires PHP: 5.6
Tested up to: 5.3
Stable tag: 3.11.1
Display custom sidebars and widgets on any post, page, category etc. Supports bbPress, BuddyPress, WooCommerce, WPML, and more.
== Description ==
**The Fastest and Most Powerful WordPress Sidebar Plugin yet. Create tailored widget areas for any post, page, or custom post type in seconds. No coding required!**
You can optimize conversion rates, boost on-site SEO, upsell products, and much more by displaying different widget areas on different conditions.
If your site or web app is big or in growth, Content Aware Sidebars is the ideal solution for you.
####Add Unlimited Sidebars & Widget Areas
Replace your theme sidebars on different conditions, or insert sidebars with shortcodes. With the All-in-one Sidebar Manager, you can easily activate and deactivate widget areas, and you can even schedule them for specific times.
Sidebars - Quick Select© lets you add or select widget areas directly when editing a post or page.
####Show or Hide Widgets on Any Page (Yes, any)
Create a post sidebar, a page sidebar, a category sidebar, or any custom sidebar you need, without confusing widget logic code. You can even combine conditions in any way you like, so you can display widgets and custom sidebars on all posts in a select category and written by a specific author.
Display your widget areas on any of these conditions:
* Posts, Pages & Custom Post Types
* Content with Tags, Categories, or Custom Taxonomies
* Content written by select Authors
* Page Templates
* Blog Page & Post Type Archives
* Author Archives
* Taxonomy Archives
* Date Archives
* Front Page, Search Results, 404 Not Found Page
* bbPress Profiles, Forums & Topics
* BuddyPress Profile Sections
* Languages (WPML, Polylang, qTranslate X, Transposh)
* Pods Pages
* **Any Combination of Above**
####Customize Your Widget Areas Your Way
Without writing any code, you can modify the HTML and CSS classes of widget areas, widgets, and widget titles. You get full control over the look and feel of your sidebars and widget areas, no matter what theme you use.
Sidebar Visibility lets you elegantly hide any widget area for logged-out users.
####The Most User-friendly Widget Manager
If you have more than just a few widgets and widget areas, you will love the Enhanced Widget Manager. When adding new widgets to sidebars, Live Search will find widgets in seconds, and the smart split-screen gives you a much better overview of your widget options.
1-Click Sidebar Activation© lets you activate or deactivate widget areas instantly.
####Sidebar Plugin Integrations & Support
Content Aware Sidebars automatically supports Custom Post Types and Taxonomies created by any plugin or theme. Built-in support for some of the most popular WordPress plugins means that you e.g. can create WooCommerce sidebars for select products or BuddyPress sidebars for your members.
* [Easy Digital Downloads](https://dev.institute/wordpress-sidebars/easy-digital-downloads/?utm_source=readme&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=integration&utm_campaign=cas)
* [qTranslate X](https://dev.institute/wordpress-sidebars/multilingual-plugins/?utm_source=readme&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=integration&utm_campaign=cas)
* [Transposh Translation Filter](https://dev.institute/wordpress-sidebars/multilingual-plugins/?utm_source=readme&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=integration&utm_campaign=cas)
**Content Aware Sidebars Pro - [Complete control for your widget areas](https://dev.institute/wordpress-sidebars/?utm_source=readme&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=title&utm_campaign=cas)**
####Highlighted Premium Features
* **Sticky Sidebars & Widget Areas**
Make any sidebar or widget area sticky without hurting site performance. No jQuery and no bloat.
* **Even More Display Conditions**
Create sidebars for these additional conditions: **UR LS + wildcards, Referrer URLs + wildcards, Content by publish date, BuddyPress Groups**
* **Widget Area Designer**
Add responsive widget columns and edit colors, backgrounds, paddings, etc.
* **Widget Areas in Theme Hooks**
Intelligently insert new widget areas into your theme without coding
* **Automatic Widgets Backup**
Easily restore any changed or deleted widgets
* **Widget Cleaner**
Save memory and remove clutter by disabling and removing unused widgets
* **Extended User Visibility**
Show or hide widget areas for User Roles, BuddyPress Groups, and more
* **Time & Weekday Schedule**
Display widget areas only in select time ranges on given days
* **Container Widget**
Turn widget areas into reusable blocks and show the same widgets in different places
* **Duplicate Widget Areas**
A real time-saver when adding new similar widget areas
* **First-class Email Support**
Get expert help fast and directly to your inbox
* [and so much more...](https://dev.institute/wordpress-sidebars/pricing/?utm_source=readme&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=more&utm_campaign=cas)
Upgrade at anytime instantly and securely from the Admin Dashboard, or [click here to upgrade now!](https://dev.institute/wordpress-sidebars/pricing/?utm_source=readme&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=upgrade&utm_campaign=cas)
== Installation ==
* [See installation guide & requirements](https://dev.institute/docs/content-aware-sidebars/getting-started/installation/)
* [How to get started](https://dev.institute/docs/content-aware-sidebars/getting-started/?utm_source=readme&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=install&utm_campaign=cas)
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Do I need to know widget logic code? =
Of course not.
Content Aware Sidebars is praised by users for its unparalleled sidebar and widget visibility options. It's the only plugin that allows you to display widget areas on literally any condition without any code.
= Will this sidebar plugin work with my theme? =
If your theme already has WordPress sidebars and widget areas, you can create new custom sidebars to replace, merge with or hide those on certain conditions.
You can also display custom sidebars using the sidebar shortcode [ca-sidebar id=""] anywhere in your content.
If your theme has a built-in sidebar generator, it is recommended to disable it and/or only use Content Aware Sidebars for maximum speed and compatibility.
= Will this plugin work with page builders? =
Many users already mix Content Aware Sidebars with popular page builder plugins such as Elementor, SiteOrigin Page Builder, Beaver Builder, and Visual Composer.
= Can I really display sidebars and widget areas on any page? =
In the Sidebar Editor, you can select where, when and to whom your sidebar should be displayed. Create a sidebar for each page, a sidebar for posts in a category, or any sidebar you need, all in a user-friendly UI.
You can also select sidebars directly when you're editing a post or page.
[Click here to read more about sidebar conditions](https://dev.institute/docs/content-aware-sidebars/getting-started/display-sidebar-simple/?utm_source=readme&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=faq&utm_campaign=cas).
= I have other questions, can you help? =
Of course! Check out the links below:
* [Getting Started with Content Aware Sidebars](https://dev.institute/docs/content-aware-sidebars/getting-started/?utm_source=readme&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=faq&utm_campaign=cas)
* [Documentation & FAQ](https://dev.institute/docs/content-aware-sidebars/?utm_source=readme&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=faq&utm_campaign=cas)
* [Support Forums](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/content-aware-sidebars)
== Screenshots ==
1. Easily create custom sidebars and display them on any content
1. See your widget areas at a glance in the easy Sidebar Manager
1. Filter widgets and sidebars in the Enhanced Widget Manager
== Upgrade Notice ==
== Changelog ==
[Follow development and see all changes on GitHub](https://github.com/intoxstudio/content-aware-sidebars)
= 3.11.1 =
* Fixed: conditions would not always be auto-saved
= 3.11 =
* Added: condition type cache for improved performance
* Updated: ui improvements
* Updated: wp-content-aware-engine library
* Updated: freemius sdk
* Updated: sticky option now fully supports most themes out of the box
* Fixed: sticky option would in some cases result in error
= 3.10.1 =
* Fixed: minor bug when using quick select with woocommerce
= 3.10 =
* Added: bulk actions for activation and deactivation
* Added: filter to disable enhanced widget manager
* Added: filter to disable sidebar quick select
* Added: hide sidebar quick select from special pages
* Added: wordpress 5.3 support
* Added: minimum wordpress version 4.7
* Updated: ui improvements
* Updated: wp-content-aware-engine library
* Removed: bundled spanish translations - now handled with automatic language pack
* Added: sticky option in widget area designer
* Added: duplication now includes widgets
See changelog.txt for previous changes.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
Typosquatting is an easy hack that poses an extinction-level threat to your...
A footer is VERY important part of your WordPress website. Learn how to imp...
Why do you need to manage customer information and customer interactions, a...
One method used by WordPress hackers is mass login attempts, learn how you ...