Contributors: davidanderson, kidsguide, ronalfy, roary86, bigwing, webulous
Tags: updates manager, easy updates manager, disable updates manager, disable updates, update control, plugin updates, theme updates, core updates, automatic updates, multisite, logs
Requires at least: 4.7
Requires PHP: 5.3
Donate link: https://easyupdatesmanager.com
Tested up to: 5.3
Stable tag: 9.0.1
License: GPLv2 or later
Manage all your WordPress updates, including individual updates, automatic updates, logs, and loads more. This also works very well with WordPress Multisite.
== Description ==
Easy Updates Manager is a light yet powerful plugin that allows you to manage all kinds of update- both on your single site install, or in WordPress Multisite. With a huge number of settings for endless configuration, Easy Updates Manager is an obvious choice for anyone wanting to take control of their website updates.
= Free Features Include =
= Go Premium =
Visit easyupdatesmanager.com to upgrade to our premium features.
Premium features include:
> For more information on Easy Updates Manager Premium, check out our website at easyupdatesmanager.com.
= Translations =
If you want to contribute to the translation, please visit our translation section. We appreciate all the translation help we can get.
== Screenshots ==
1. Single site install settings page location
2. Multisite install settings page location
3. General Tab with main options
4. Plugins tab with individual options allowed
5. Themes tab with individual options allowed
6. Logs feature
7. Premium logs feature
8. Advanced tab
9. Premium advanced tab
== Installation ==
Installing Easy Updates Manager in your WordPress Dashboard (recommended)
1. You can download Easy Updates Manager by going into your 'Plugins' section and selecting add a new plugin
2. Search for the plugin by typing 'Easy Updates Manager' into the search bar
3. Install and activate the plugin by pushing the 'Install' button and then the 'activate plugin' link
4. Configure the plugin by going to the 'Updates Options' section in your admin area under the Dashboard
Installing Easy Updates Manager through FTP
1. Upload the Easy Updates Manager folder to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory (make sure it is unzipped)
2. Activate the Easy Updates Manager plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. Configure the plugin by going to the 'Update Options' section in your admin area under the Dashboard
Activate the plugin after installation. If you are on Multisite, the plugin must be network-activated.
For additional information for Easy Updates Manager check out our website at easyupdatesmanager.com.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Do you support older WordPress versions? =
Version 6.x.x should support WP versions 4.0 and up. Version 4.7.0 should support WP versions 2.3 - 4.0.
Since WordPress is constantly changing, this plugin will always strive to support the latest version of WordPress. As there are many security vulnerabilities reported, please always keep WordPress as up-to-date as possible.
Unfortunately, we do not support older versions of WordPress or the non-current release of this plugin.
= How do I change the WordPress update notification e-mail? =
Go to the General tab in our settings. You can enter a single email address, or multiple if you comma-separate them.
= Automatic Updates =
Check out our video on how the automatic updating works in WordPress.
= How Do I Enable Logging? =
Check out our video on how logs work.
= Does Easy Updates Manager work with third-party plugins and themes? =
Since third-party providers use custom update mechanisms, we cannot always guarantee that they will work with Easy Updates Manager. Most will, but there are a number of common mistakes that plugin authors can make.
= Additional Information and FAQ =
For additional information and FAQs for Easy Updates Manager check out our website.
== Changelog ==
= 9.0.1 - 2020-01-21 =
* FIX: (Premium feature) UpdraftPlus will only take one backup during the auto-update process.
* FIX: Update translations after an auto-update has completed.
= 9.0.0 - 2020-01-15 =
* FEATURE: Admin user interface has been cleaned up, providing more straightforward options.
* FEATURE: (Premium) Check for unmaintained plugins.
* TWEAK: Constants can now be used to disable the outdated browser warning (EUM_ENABLE_BROWSER_NAG), the WordPress version in the footer (EUM_ENABLE_WORDPRESS_FOOTER_VERSION), and the ratings prompt on the General screen (EUM_ENABLE_RATINGS_NAG).
* FIX: Prevent Force Updates from deactivating plugins.
* FIX: (Premium feature) UpdraftPlus will now take a backup during an auto-update
* FIX: (Premium feature) Fix cron schedules so they are run at the correct time.
= 8.2.0 - 2019-10-30 =
* FEATURE: (Premium) Safe mode now checks themes for compatibility.
* FEATURE: (Premium) Version controlled assets now show in the EUM plugins and themes tabs.
* FIX: Delayed updates were delaying automatic updates to WordPress core when no delay was requested
* TWEAK: Divi theme can now be auto-upgraded.
* TWEAK: Bump required WP version from 4.6 to 4.7. We've not introduced anything to make it incompatible so it will likely stil work; but this is the support requirement.
= 8.1.1 - 2019-10-23 =
* FIX: Fixed uninstall script error when deleting the plugin.
= 8.1.0 - 2019-10-08 =
* FEATURE: Notes section added to log to show why an automatic update failed.
* FEATURE: (Premium) Adding version control protection so that version controlled plugins or themes will not be updated.
* FIX: Fixed saving error when toggling auto-update on individual themes
* FIX: Don't wipe settings when removing the free version, if premium is installed. Or vice versa.
* FIX: Enabling/disabling admin bar was resetting General options.
* FIX: Disabling Core updates will no longer block other automatic updates.
* FIX: Translation updates are run after automatic updates have completed.
* FIX: Translation updates now show the correct label.
* FIX: (Premium) Slack logging now shows the site name from where the event came from.
* TWEAK: UI Fix: Prevent notices about EUM-Premium from appearing in the premium version of the plugin
* TWEAK: Do not allow null values to be passed to an INSERT on the version_from field in the log table
* TWEAK: Add some missing translation domains
* TWEAK: Code-styling tweak to avoid use of extract()
* TWEAK: Adding dashboard notice if automatic updates are disabled through constants.
* TWEAK: Prevent unnecessary PHP notice when controlling via UpdraftCentral
* TWEAK: Database logging is now always turned on, to aid troubleshooting. (The storage overhead is tiny, since updates are infrequent events compared with other things going on in a WP database).
* TWEAK: Update updater class to latest series (1.8)
* TWEAK: Automatic update emails are only sent once every twenty four hours.
= 8.0.5 - 2019-03-28 =
* SECURITY: Correct an erroneous nonce (intent) check. The impact of this is that a logged-in user with access to the WP dashboard was able to change some (but not all, as some were protected by further checks) options (e.g. disable unattended theme updates).
* TWEAK: Add site URL in slack message
* TWEAK: Preview the premium features in the advanced tab
* TWEAK: Lengthen the dismiss time on the "Thank you for installing" notice
* TWEAK: Change filter priorities to minimise the chance that something else over-rides EUM's settings when WP inquires about running an auto-update
= 8.0.4 - 2019-01-18 =
* FIX: Prevent a conflict between EUM Premium and UpdraftPlus Premium when backing up WordPress core
* TWEAK: No longer use WP_DEBUG constant to indicate rapid refresh of updates when in admin area; instead, use EASY_UPDATES_MANAGER_DEBUG
= 8.0.3 - 2018-12-04 =
* TWEAK: Added seasonal notices
* FEATURE: Logs are on by default
* FEATURE: Logs are now displayed by default in UpdraftCentral
* FEATURE: (Premium) White label settings can now be exported and imported
= 8.0.2 - 2018-11-02 =
* FEATURE: Can disable the admin bar in Advanced settings
* FIX: Resolving i18n issues
* FIX: Unknown command error occasionally shows up when clicking on a General option
* FIX: Plugins in rollback functionality showing re-activated when they are not
* FIX: Reset options would fail because of missing $wpdb variable
* TWEAK: Removing error logs for developers with debug on
* TWEAK: General options are grayed out if you disable updates
* TWEAK: Updating screenshots
= 8.0.1 - 2018-10-30 =
* FEATURE: Shows active versions if a plugin or theme is active
* FEATURE: (Multisite) Checks to see if any sites in the network have a plugin or theme installed
* FEATURE: Plugin can now be fully controlled by UpdraftCentral plugin
* FEATURE: (Premium) Scheduled log clearance
* FEATURE: (Premium) Automatic backup before auto update
* FEATURE: (Premium) Automatic update scheduling
* FEATURE: (Premium) Send Anonymous update request or request with random data to protect privacy
* FEATURE: (Premium) Import and Export settings
* FEATURE: (Premium) Introduce Safe Mode for PHP compatibility checks and WordPress version checks
* FEATURE: (Premium) Logs of automatic update events can be send to external channels such as slack, email, php error log and syslog
* FEATURE: (Premium) Send weekly or monthly emails of update notifications
* FEATURE: (Premium) Webhook to integrate with third-party services
* FEATURE: (Premium) Show plugins that have been removed from the WordPress Plugin Directory
* FEATURE: (Premium) Ability to whitelist the plugin
* FEATURE: (Premium) Ability to search the logs by user or asset name
* FEATURE: (Premium) Ability to export logs for a date range and print them, download a CSV, or download a JSON format
* FEATURE: (Premium) Check for PHP parse errors during automatic updates and de-activate problem problems automatically
* FEATURE: (Premium) Check for plugins de-activated during auto-update and attempt to re-activate them automatically
* FIX: Clicking more details on plugins tab properly shows a modal
* FIX: Force Updates removes a space in the updates panel if there are still updates after it runs
* FIX: Clicking any type of filter in logs shows an error message
* FIX: Add a JS polyfill to provide support for IE11
* FIX: Admin notices show up twice in the options page
* FIX: Plugin/Themes/Log tab were causing an undefined hook suffix error upon save
* FIX: Removing filters in 7.0.3 allowed updates for plugins and themes to be shown
* REFACTOR: Advanced tab settings page refactoring
* TWEAK: Tidy up UI
* TWEAK: Changes in user capability checks
* TWEAK: Mark as supporting WordPress 5.0
* TWEAK: Option to take backup before force updates
* TWEAK: Dashboard notice. Welcome notice now shows our other plugins
* TWEAK: Allow a filter to disable the updates lock option for more reliability in testing
* TWEAK: Easy Updates Manager now displays in the multisite dashboard menu
* TWEAK: Easy Updates Manager now displays in the admin bar
* TWEAK: Force Updates displays more contextual errors if automatic updates are somehow modified or disabled
* TWEAK: Enabling or disabling logs no longer requires a refresh
* TWEAK: Select General Tab if tab is invalid
* TWEAK: Advanced settings adhere to browser history
* TWEAK: Reset Options forces browser to reload for better UX in the Advanced tab
* TWEAK: Force Updates has a better description of what it does
* TWEAK: Clearing logs now clears the logs data upon success
* TWEAK: Logs can now be filtered in ascending or descending order
* TWEAK: Translations now show or hide properly if plugins, WordPress Core, or theme updates are disabled
* TWEAK: Help tab updated
* TWEAK: Email status message shows successful if they are valid emails
* TWEAK: Plugin and Theme options save via Ajax immediately with no save button necessary
* TWEAK: Adding loading animation to General tab to prevent multiple states from occurring at once
= 7.0.3 - 2018-06-26 =
* TWEAK: Disabling themes and plugins no longer disables translations.
* TWEAK: Dashboard notices about other plugins of potential interest now only show on the Easy Updates Manager pages
= 7.0.2 - 2018-06-18 =
* FIX: Removed multiple log entries and version numbers caching issue
* FIX: Fix for headers already sent warning
* TWEAK: Make all settings tabs work via ajax calls
* TWEAK: Show and hide logs tab upon enable and disable
* TWEAK: Add admin notices for insufficient php and wp versions
* TWEAK: Remove flexbox mixin
* TWEAK: Adding survey notice
* TWEAK: Auto refresh page after force updates
* TWEAK: Prevent users from excluding themselves
= 7.0.1 - 2018-03-05 =
* FIX: Enabling Log from Advanced tab does not use default options
* FIX: Plugin settings page is not accessible for excluded users
* TWEAK: Changed settings page to use admin-ajax.php instead of REST API
* TWEAK: Reduced database queries for saving settings options
* TWEAK: Removed the usage tracking code (which was always explicit opt-in)
* TWEAK: Add Welcome dashboard and notices
= 7.0.0 - 2018-01-28 =
* Admin UI overhaul based on past data. It is now very obvious which settings are enabled. Thanks for all the feedback.
For past changelogs, please visit our blog.
== Upgrade Notice ==
* 9.0.1 : 9.0.1 fixes a couple of bugs in the 9.0.0 release, whose updates were: UI simplification making options clearer/simpler, plus various tweaks and fixes. A recommended update for all.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
Backlinks are hyperlinks from one webpage to another webpage. Learn how to ...
After the very last action taken in the function when a user logs in, the w...
One method used by WordPress hackers is mass login attempts, learn how you ...
Advanced SEO can get very technical, however there are a few fundamentals y...