Contributors: brainstormforce, Nikschavan
Tags: elementor, header footer builder, header, footer, page builder, template builder, landing page builder, front-end editor
Donate link: https://www.paypal.me/BrainstormForce
Requires at least: 4.4
Requires PHP: 5.4
Tested up to: 5.3
Stable tag: 1.3.0
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Create Header and Footer for your site using Elementor Page Builder.
## Description ##
Have you ever imagined you could create your website header and footer with Elementor for free?
Elementor – Header, Footer & Blocks is a simple yet powerful plugin that allows you to create a layout with Elementor and set it as
- Block (anywhere on the website)
= Create Attractive Designs =
Elementor editor gives you the flexibility to design beautiful sections. Using it you can create out of the box layout and set it as header or footer.
= Pick Display Locations =
Want to display custom header only on the homepage or on the blog archive page or on the entire website? Well, this plugin allows choosing a specific target location to display header and footer on.
= Add Custom Blocks Anywhere =
Apart from header and footer, you can design a section with Elementor and set it at any place on the website with a shortcode.
= ‘Before Footer’ Template =
Along with the main footer, the plugin gives the additional area - above the footer - where you can append your custom designed template. This gives great flexibility in footer designing.
= Available With Elementor Canvas Template =
Your custom header/footer layout can be easily displayed on the pages where Elementor Canvas Template is enabled.
= Comes With Inbuilt Widgets =
The plugin offers inbuilt widgets that help to create header/footer layouts. These widgets offer basic required features so you don’t have to look for extra plugins.
= WORKS WITH ALL THEMES =
Elementor – Header, Footer & Blocks plugin works with all themes. Few of the themes have direct support while for few you can enable theme support with few clicks.
In case you see a notice to enable theme support manually, go to Appearance > Header Footer Builder > Theme Support. Select a method to add compatibility to your current theme and you are good to go!
= STEPS TO USE THE PLUGIN =
Step 1 - Visit Appearance > Header Footer Builder and click on the ‘Add New’.
Step 2 - Select ‘Type of Template’ (header/footer/block). Set its display location and user roles.
Step 3 - Publish it.
Step 4 - Edit it with Elementor and design a section.
Step 5 - Save it and you are done!
You can refer to our step-by-step article that will help you [set Elementor headers and footers](https://uaelementor.com/header-footer-with-elementor/?utm_source=wp-repo&utm_campaign=header-footer-elementor&utm_medium=description) quickly.
= LOOKING FOR PREMIUM ELEMENTOR ADDONS AND WIDGETS? =
Check [Ultimate Addons for Elementor](https://uaelementor.com/?utm_source=wp-repo&utm_campaign=header-footer-elementor&utm_medium=description). It is a library of creative and unique Elementor widgets that add more functionality and flexibility to your favorite page builder.
= HAVE YOU TRIED ASTRA WITH ELEMENTOR? =
Powering over 600,000+ WordPress websites, Astra is loved for the performance and ease-of-use it offers.
People love Astra for -
**Better Performance** - Optimized code and modular architecture make Astra the most lightweight theme for a faster loading website!
**Page Builder’s Best Friend** - Astra works great with all page builders. Its support for custom layouts, Elementor templates, and ready-made starter sites makes it the best [theme for Elementor](https://wpastra.com/theme-for-elementor/?utm_source=wp-repo&utm_medium=astra_desc&utm_campaign=header_footer_elementor).
**Ready-to-use complete website templates** - Astra offers free ready-made website demos built with Elementor. You can choose any of the [Elementor Templates](https://wpastra.com/elementor-templates-free-downloads/ "Elementor Templates"), tweak them as you want and go live in minutes!
= SUPPORTED & ACTIVELY DEVELOPED =
Need help with something? Have an issue to report? Visit [Plugin’s Forum](https://wordpress.org/plugins/header-footer-elementor/ "Plugin’s Forum").
[Get in touch](https://github.com/Nikschavan/header-footer-elementor "Header Footer elementor on GitHub") with us on GitHub.
Made with love at [Brainstorm Force](https://www.brainstormforce.com/?utm_source=wp-repo&utm_campaign=header-footer-elementor&utm_medium=description "Brainstorm Force")!
== Installation ==
1. Go to `Plugins -> Add New` and search for Elementor – Header, Footer & Blocks.
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' screen in WordPress.
3. Go to `Appearance -> Header Footer Builder` to build a header or footer layout using elementor.
4. After the layout is ready assign it as header or footer using the option `Select the type of template this is` (screenshot)
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= How Does This Plugin Work? =
1. Go to Appearance -> Header Footer Builder to build a header or footer layout using Elementor.
2. Click on “Add New” and design a template with Elementor.
3. Once the template is ready, set is as a header/footer/block using options “Type of Template” (screenshot).
a) For Header/Footer - Select the target location with the option “Display On”. With this Header/Footer will be visible only on selected locations for selected “User Roles”.
b) For Custom Block - Just copy the shortcode and add it anywhere on the website. Your designed template will display automatically. Display conditions or user roles will not be effective with shortcodes.
= Can You Create a Mobile Responsive Header/Footer Using This Plugin? =
Yes, You can create the mobile responsive layout of your header using the plugin.
The Elementor – Header, Footer & Blocks plugin just gives you a container where you can completely design the header using Elementor Page Builder, So the process of creating the mobile responsive layout is exactly the same as you would create a responsive layout of your other Elementor page.
Here is a documentation by Elementor Page builder which explains how you can create mobile responsive layouts using Elementor - [https://elementor.com/introducing-mobile-editing/](https://elementor.com/introducing-mobile-editing/)
This same applies when you are creating your Header/Footer using this plugin.
== Screenshots ==
1. Go to Appearance -> Header Footer Builder to create a new template.
2. Assign template to be a header/footer and select display rules.
3. Copy shortcode for Custom Blocks.
4. Methods to add Theme Support.
5. Inbuilt Elementor widgets
== Changelog ==
= 1.3.0 =
- New: Added 'Site Logo' widget.
- New: Added 'Site Title' widget.
- New: Added 'Site Tagline' widget.
- New: Added 'Navigation Menu' widget.
- New: Added 'Page Title' widget.
- Improvement: Elementor v2.9 compatibility.
= 1.2.2 =
- Fix: Add default fallback theme support after checking if current theme does not add it.
= 1.2.1 =
- Categorize the Elementor widgets in a separate category in the Elementor window.
- Hide target rules options when a custom block template is selected.
= 1.2.0 =
- New: Support all the themes, Includes two separate fallback methods so that you can create custom headers and footers for any theme.
- New: Added target rule engine, which allows you to have different headers/footers for different pages.
- New: Added Retina Image Elementor widget, which can be used as a Site Logo.
- New: Added Copyright widget and Shortcode for current year & site title.
- Improvement: Allow before footer to work on Elementor Canvas Template when not using Astra Theme.
- Improvement: Added support of `Before Footer` action for all the themes.
= 1.1.4 =
- Fix: Flush permalinks on plugin update to Elementor error when trying to edit the Header/Footer.
= 1.1.3 =
- Improvement: Allow changing the permalinks for the hfe templates (#162)
- Fix: WPML Translations do not work when using the Elementor Template as a shortcode. (#159)
- Fix: Page content appears over the header. (#150)
- Fix: Remove the deprecated function warning for shortcode functions. (Props @hogash #145)
= 1.1.2 =
- Fix: Depracated function warning from Elementor's method `\Elementor\Post_CSS_File`
= 1.1.1 =
- Fix: Blank header being displayed when only footer is translated using WPML.
= 1.1.0 =
- New: Rename plugin to be Header Footer & Blocks builder as now thee blocks templates can be used as shortcodes.
- New: Add templates before the footer for Astra Theme. Options for other themes will be coming soon.
- New: Use templates (Blocks) anywhere in your content with the help of shortcodes.
- Improvement: Improved the UI of the metabox for Header Footer post type.
= 1.0.16 =
- Fix: Make the theme not supported notice dismissable.
- Fix: Use specific selector when adding z-index for the header.
= 1.0.15 =
- Fix: Default Header being displayed for Generatepress and Gensis theme after v1.0.14.
= 1.0.14 =
- Fix: Fixes possible PHP notices/Errors due to WP_Query being called early for all the supported themes.
= 1.0.13 =
- Fix: PHP Notices and errors due to WP_Query being called early when some plugins use filters inside WP_Query.
= 1.0.12 =
- Fix: Compatibility with Elementor 2.0 changed canvas template path.
= 1.0.11 =
- Load the CSS footer early in the page to avoid slow rendering of CSS.
- Change the schema.org links to be https.
- Fix: Added correct schema markup for the footer.
= 1.0.10 =
- Load the header layout correctly in the
= 1.0.9 =
- Add Support for WPML.
- Updated the missing strings from the translations template.
= 1.0.8 =
- Allow filters to override the WP_Query parameters when retreiving the Header / Footer template id.
= 1.0.7 =
- Fix: Dismissable notice not actually dismissing.
= 1.0.6 =
- New: Option to display the header/footer on the pages using Elementor Canvas Template.
= 1.0.5 =
- Fix: Correctly check if Elementor actually is active before using its methods. This fixes errors for sites using older versions of PHP where Elementor does not actually get activated.
= 1.0.4 =
- Improvement: Use Elementor's created instance when rendering the markup for header/footer - Credits itay9001
= 1.0.3 =
- Fix: Adding theme support for the plugin does not remove the "no supported" notice.
= 1.0.2 =
- New: Added support for the OceanWP Theme.
- Fix: Load the elementor header assets correctly in the header. This fixes header looking different just when loading the page as previously Elementor would load its CSS in the footer.
- Introduced helper functions for rendering and checking the headers to make it simpler to integrate HFE with more themes.
= 1.0.1 =
- New: Added support for the Astra WordPress theme - The Fastest, Most Lightweight & Customizable WordPress Theme.
* Moved the menu under Appearance -> Header Footer Builder.
* Fix: Header content getting hidden behind tha page content.
* Use Elemenntor's canvas template when designing header and footer layout to have full width experience.
= 1.0.0 =
* Initial Release.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
A footer is VERY important part of your WordPress website. Learn how to imp...
Why do you need to manage customer information and customer interactions, a...
WordPress is a popular PHP CMS, learn about some of the basic security meas...
How to create tabs with HTML and jQuery. Need a tabbed view for your websit...