Donate link: https://kraft.blog/donate/
Tags: genesis, genesiswp, mailchimp, aweber, studiopress, newsletter, subscribe
Requires at least: 4.9.6
Tested up to: 5.2.0
Text Domain: genesis-enews-extended
Stable tag: 2.1.1
Creates a new widget to easily add mailing lists integration to a Genesis website. Works with FeedBurner, MailChimp, AWeber, FeedBlitz, ConvertKit and more.
== Description ==
Creates a new widget to easily add mailing lists to a Genesis website. Recommended plugin in virtually all Genesis theme tutorials. The widget allows the site administrator to set either the Feedburner ID or form action, e-mail form field and hidden fields to mimic the subscribe form of other mailing list services.
== Installation ==
1. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
1. In Appearance->Widgets, add Genesis eNews Extended widget to any sidebar.
1. Using the mailing list contact form code provided by your vendor, add the form action URL, the form field ID for the e-mail field and any hidden fields (not all services use them) into the widget options. See some tips for this on the [plugin's install page](https://kraft.blog/genesis-enews-extended/install).
1. If using name fields, read the [plugin's tutorial website](https://kraft.blog/genesis-enews-extended/tutorials).
1. Verify it works!
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= What services work with this plugin? =
Feedburner, MailChimp, Aweber, FeedBlitz, ConvertKit, and Constant Contact are confirmed to work, but it should work with almost all services. If you have tested this with other services, please [contact me](https://kraft.blog/contact/)
= The "Opens in Same Tab" option doesn't work with FeedBurner. What's wrong? =
That is intentional. You don't want to knock people off your site and leave them on FeedBurner's.
= The first and last name fields look funky. =
Read more on the [plugin's tutorial website](https://kraft.blog/genesis-enews-extended/tutorials).
= I need help! Where I can get it? =
"Official" tutorials will be maintained on the [plugin's website](https://kraft.blog/genesis-enews-extended/).
Questions can be asked at the [WordPress.org Support Forum](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/genesis-enews-extended) for this plugin.
== Screenshots ==
1. Example of the plugin in use on a site running Streamline 2.0.
2. Widget setting screen.
== Changelog ==
= 2.1.0 =
* Allow "a" HTML tags in the hidden fields settings field.
* Various improvements to match coding standards.
= 2.0.2 =
* Fixes minor issue that led to HTML validation issues.
* Fixes PHP notice for checking non-existent variables in some cases.
= 2.0.1 =
* Corrects typo impacting Last Name field text placeholder.
= 2.0.0 =
* Add filters for text before and after form.
* Fixed form name to be valid HTML 4.
* Use https with Feedburner to prevent mixed content warnings on HTTPS sites.
* Minor code fix when MailPoet is not present.
* Adds `genesis-enews-extended-args` filter to allow plugins to manipulate the widget settings prior to output.
* Form ID now uses unique value.
= 1.4.1 =
* Add fieldset, legend, option, optgroup, select to allowed HTML for Hidden Fields area.
* Update CSS for screenreaders. Props jwenerd.
* Updated BG transations. Props Daniel Bailey.
= 1.4.0 =
* Adds MailPoet itegration. Props [Maor Chasen](http://maorchasen.com/).
* Updated pt_BR translation and added en_UK translation. Props [Fabiana Simões](http://fabianapsimoes.wordpress.com/) and [Gary Jones](http://garyjones.co.uk/).
* Minor code improvements. Props [Gary Jones](http://garyjones.co.uk/).
= 1.3.3 =
* Updated Bulgarian translation. Props [Daniel Bailey](http://scarinessreported.com/).
= 1.3.2 =
* Remove type hints to prevent error when strict reporting used in PHP 5.4
= 1.3.1 =
* Minor code improvements.
* Updates HTML5 option for late Genesis 2.0 changes. Props Nick Davis.
= 1.3.0 =
* Adds option for HTML5-enhanced forms.
* Adds error checking for including http://feeds.feedburner.com in the Feedburner ID field.
* Minor code improvements
* Listing of issues [resolved in this version](https://github.com/kraftbj/genesis-enews-extended/issues?milestone=8&state=closed).
= 1.2.0 =
* Adds text space after form. Perfect for a link to a Privacy Statement!
* Code cleanup. Thanks to [Kim Parsell](http://profiles.wordpress.org/kpdesign/) for reporting.
* Adds labels to form elements to make it compatible with screen readers for the visually impaired.
* Adds Serbian Translation. Props to Diana S.
* Listing of issues [resolved in this version](https://github.com/kraftbj/genesis-enews-extended/issues?milestone=11&state=closed).
= 1.1.2 =
* Improved French translation. Props to [Paul de Wouters](http://paulwp.com/).
* Improved German translation. Props to [David Decker!](http://deckerweb.de/).
* Enables mail service validation of name fields by clearing default text onsubmit.
= 1.1.1 =
* Fixed bug with incorrect escaping function used in first and last name fields.
* Fixed bug with some translations not working.
= 1.1.0 =
* Allows for more HTML tags to be used in Text to Show field. Dropped genesis_allowed_tags in favor or wp_kses_post. Props to [John Levandowski](http://wpselect.com/).
* eNews Extended now compatible with Catalyst theme (Catalyst not officially supported).
* Fuzzy translations added for a wide number of languages based on Genesis 1.8.2 translations of the original eNews Widget.
= 1.0.X =
* Adds ability to edit "First Name" and "Last Name" displayed on front-end.
* Security update and other code cleanup.
* Version numbering now using semver.org rationale.
= 0.2.0 =
* Various code enhancements to improve performance and adhere better to WP standards. Props to [Gary Jones](http://garyjones.co.uk/)
* Adds Spanish translation. Props to [Ryan Sullivan](http://www.wpsitecare.com/)
* Adds Italian translation. Props to [Marco Galasso](http://neatandplain.com/)
* Adds Slovak translation. Props to [Branco Radenovich](http://webhostinggeeks.com/user-reviews/)
= 0.1.6 =
* Makes available first and last name fields.
= 0.1.5 =
* Adds option to open confirmation window in same tab.
= 0.1.4 =
* Adds l18n support for other languages, props to [David Decker!](http://deckerweb.de/)
* Adds German translation , props to [David Decker!](http://deckerweb.de/)
= 0.1.3 =
* Adds Feedburner support in anticipation of Genesis 1.9
* Security and translation updates
= 0.1.2 =
* Modifies class name to work with more StudioPress themes.
= 0.1.1 =
* Adds "Hidden Fields" widget setting to make widget compatible with more mailing services.
= 0.1 =
* Inital release.
== Thanks ==
A special thanks to all who have contributed to Genesis eNews Extended.
= Financial Donations =
* Joe Taylor
* Dorian Speed
* Paul Meyers
* Joel Runyon
* Jennifer Jinright
* Greg Ferro
* Greg Young
= Code Contributions =
* Gary Jones (many, many times over)
* John Levandowski
* David Decker
* Kim Parsell
* Erick Nelson
* Nick Davis
* Maor Chasen
= Translations =
* David Decker (German)
* Branco Radenovich (Slovak)
* Marco Galasso (Italian)
* Ryan Sullivan (Spanish)
* Paul de Wouters (French)
* Diane S (Serbian)
* Daniel Bailey (Bulgarian)
* Gary Jones (British English)
* Fabiana Simões (Portuguese-Brazil)
= StudioPress =
* Special thanks to Brian Gardner and the team at StudioPress who wrote the original code that provided the foundation for the plugin.
If you're not listed and think you should be, please drop me a note. Any omission is, in no way, intentional.
== Upgrade Notice ==
= 2.1.0 =
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
Typosquatting is an easy hack that poses an extinction-level threat to your...
The right marketing strategies can fuel your growth and profit. Learn how t...
Backlinks are hyperlinks from one webpage to another webpage. Learn how to ...