Requires PHP: 5.5
Requires at least: 4.7
Tested up to: 5.2
Stable tag: 1.1.0
License: GNU General Public License v2 or later
License URI: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Tags: blog, custom-background, one-column, two-columns, left-sidebar, right-sidebar, custom-logo, custom-menu, featured-images, featured-image-header, flexible-header, footer-widgets, full-width-template, sticky-post, theme_options, threaded-comments, translation-ready, accessibility-ready
Kawi is a simple and clean theme for any site. It is very easy to use, and puts your content forward.
== Description ==
Kawi is a solid and clean theme for blogs and any other sites.
It has clean typography, plenty of white space and puts the emphasis on your content.
The theme is very simple to use and supports WordPress' core functionalities:
- custom logo
- custom background
- custom header
- custom menu
- featured images (post thumbnails)
- A single widget area you can place on the left, right, or at the bottom, just before the footer.
There are five menu locations
- The main menu slot features your main menu, obviously. On mobile, the menu is displayed in a sliding sidebar.
- The main social menu allows you to add social link icons along your main menu. Just link to your profile on your favorite platforms.
- There's a footer menu area.
- And another social menu area in the footer.
- And you also have a top bar menu for account link, for example. Note that it doesn't support nested menus.
Supported social icons (link text given):
- mail (to display an enveloppe icon)
This theme doesn't include any options page. Everything is handled in the customizer. Go to front end of your site while logged in and click 'Customize' to see the available options.
Kawi supports all standard customizer options, like 'Site Identity' and 'Background Image', has an extended 'Header Image' section, and also features a new 'Layout' section, in which you can choose your widget area position, and the featured image size you want to display on blog listing pages.
This theme supports basic Content Options from Jetpack, Infinite Scroll, and featured image settings.
Just Activate Jetpack, and go to the Customizer to see the Content Options in action.
The theme offers simple support for the built-in blocks of the new WordPress editor, including a custom color palette, custom font sizes and wide and full alignments.
== Installation ==
1. In your admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
2. Click Upload Theme and Choose File, then select the theme's .zip file. Click Install Now.
3. Click Activate to use your new theme right away.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Does this theme support any plugins? =
Kawi includes support for Infinite Scroll and basic content options in Jetpack.
== Changelog ==
= 1.1.0 - January 2020 =
* Fixed nested comments display
= 1.0.2 - January 2020 =
* Fixed editor font sizes
* Typography enhancement
* Added a top bar menu
* Added a setting for front page title display
= 1.0.1 - October 2019 =
* Fixed minor wording and CSS issues
= 1.0 - October 2019 =
* Initial release
== Resources ==
* Kawi WordPress Theme, (C) 2019 Vincent Dubroeucq. Kawi is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL. [GPLv2 or later](https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html)
* Kawi is based on Underscores https://underscores.me/, (C) 2012-2017 Automattic, Inc., [GPLv2 or later](https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html)
* normalize.css https://necolas.github.io/normalize.css/, (C) 2012-2016 Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal, [MIT](https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
* Genericons Neue (https://genericons.com/), (C) Automattic, Inc. , [GPLv2 or later](https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html)
* Social Logos (https://github.com/Automattic/social-logos), (C) Automattic, Inc. , [GPLv2 or later](https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html)
* Screenshot image from StockSnap.io (https: //stocksnap.io/photo/AAJD6NGTZE), [CC0](https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/)
* Font Muli and Oxygen Mono by Vernon Adams served from Google Fonts (https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Muli, https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Oxygen+Mono)
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
The right marketing strategies can fuel your growth and profit. Learn how t...
After the very last action taken in the function when a user logs in, the w...
Advanced SEO can get very technical, however there are a few fundamentals y...
How to create tabs with HTML and jQuery. Need a tabbed view for your websit...