Contributors: mdawaffe, dartiss
Tags: pingback, ping, trackback
Requires at least: 4.6
Tested up to: 5.3
Requires PHP: 5.3
Stable tag: 1.1.2
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Keeps WordPress from sending pings to your own site.
== Description ==
Some people really like that WordPress sends pings from your own site to your own site when you write posts; it gives them a trail of related posts.
Some people do not like this behavior; it clutters up their comments.
This plugin disables intra-blog pinging.
The technical stuff...
* Designed for both single and multi-site installations
* PHP7 compatible
* Passes [WordPress.com VIP](https://vip.wordpress.com) coding standards and fully compatible with their platform
* Fully internationalized, ready for translations. **If you would like to add a translation to this plugin then please head to the [Translating WordPress](https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/no-self-ping "Translating WordPress") page**
* WCAG 2.0 Compliant at AA level
* Gutenberg ready
Once activated, there's nothing for you to do. However, head to Settings -> Discussion and you'll find a field in which you can, if you wish, specify more domains that won't be pinged. Why? Well, maybe you often refer to other sites that you maintain or, particularly, you run a multi-site and don't want each blog pinging the other - specify a list here and you're sorted.
Please visit the [Github page](https://github.com/dartiss/no-self-ping "Github") for the latest code development, planned enhancements and known issues.
== Installation ==
No Self Pings can be found and installed via the Plugin menu within WordPress administration (Plugins -> Add New). Alternatively, it can be downloaded from WordPress.org and installed manually...
1. Upload the entire `no-self-ping` folder to your `wp-content/plugins/` directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress administration.
It's now ready to go.
== Screenshots ==
1. Option to specify additional URLs, as found in Settings -> Discussion.
== Changelog ==
[Learn more about my version numbering methodology](https://artiss.blog/2016/09/wordpress-plugin-versioning/ "WordPress Plugin Versioning")
= 1.1.2 =
* Enhancement: Because minimum VIP standards are just not enough, it now follows their hard-as-snails, full-strength standards. Because your code is worth it
* Enhancement: Improved accessibility where we've added the new field to the admin settings, so it's now WCAG 2.0 compliant
= 1.1.1 =
* Enhancement: Code quality enhancements to bring it in line with WordPress.com VIP coding standards
= 1.1 =
* Enhancement: A second update in the same month? It's like all our Christmas' come at once. Well, I've now added an (optional) field to the Discussion settings so that you can specify even more domains that should't be pinged. You're welcome.
* Enhancement: Added additional security - escape all the things!
= 1.0 =
* Enhancement: Now using `home_url()` instead of `get_option( 'home' )`, as it's more SSL friendly
* Enhancement: Added plugin meta
= 0.2 =
* Enhancement: Argument removed
= 0.1 =
* Initial release
== Upgrade Notice ==
= 1.1.2 =
* Code quality and accessibility improvements
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
Why do you need to manage customer information and customer interactions, a...
One method used by WordPress hackers is mass login attempts, learn how you ...
WordPress is a popular PHP CMS, learn about some of the basic security meas...
How to create tabs with HTML and jQuery. Need a tabbed view for your websit...