Contributors: SimonStone, byrev
Donate link: http://byrev.org/donate.php
Tags: images, photos, pictures, cliparts, clip arts, illustrations, vectors, vector graphics, stock photos, stock images, stock pictures, royalty-free, public domain, pd, copyright-free, free, free images, cc0, cc, creative commons, commercial use, insert, search, upload, media
Requires at least: 3.5.1
Tested up to: 4.9.6
Stable tag: 3.4
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Find quality CC0 Public Domain images for commercial use, and add them to your blog with just a click - attribution is voluntary.
== Description ==
[Pixabay Images](https://pixabay.com/blog/posts/p-136/) is a WordPress plugin that let's you pick CC0 public domain pictures from [Pixabay](https://pixabay.com/) and insert them with just a click anywhere on your blog. The images are safe to use, and paying attribution or linking back to the source is not required.
* Search Pixabay's CC0 public domain pictures via "Add Media" button inside the editor.
* Filter search results by image type (clipart, photo) and/or orientation (horizontal, vertical).
* Infinite scrolling through large preview images in search results.
* Direct image uploads to WordPress' media library.
* Use of standard media dialogue for inserting images.
* Unobtrusive integration into WordPress.
For more information, check out [Pixabay.com](https://pixabay.com/blog/posts/p-136/).
== Installation ==
1. Install Pixabay Images either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server.
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
3. That's it. You're ready to go!
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= What does the term 'CC0' mean? =
CC0 1.0 Universal is Creative Commons' Public Domain dedication, which is used for all images on Pixabay.com.
= Are there any restrictions or requirements for using these images? =
You are free to adapt and use the images for commercial purposes without attributing the original author or source. Although absolutely not required, a link back to Pixabay is appreciated. Learn more in this article about: [public domain images and their limitations](https://pixabay.com/blog/posts/public-domain-images-4/)
= Where do I get further information about Pixabay? =
= Why am I not getting search results on Internet Explorer? =
The plugin works on all modern browsers; Internet Explorer version 9 or higer is required.
== Screenshots ==
1. Pixabay Images window with search results.
2. Optional button inside the WordPress editor.
3. Search results in WordPress' new Media Manager.
4. Standard media dialogue for uploaded image.
== Changelog ==
= 1.0 =
* Initial release
= 1.1 =
* Solved bug about retrieving images from source
= 1.2 =
* Fixed multiple keyword search
* Fixed layout bugs in Chrome
= 2.0 =
* Responsive layout for WordPress 3.9+
* Added localization/translations
* Added plugin settings page
* Added higher resolution images
= 2.1 =
* Fixed bug for PHP versions lower than 5.3
= 2.2 =
* Fixed image URL in settings
* Tested plugin for WordPress 4.0
= 2.3 =
* Fixed: Plugin could not be activated with certain PHP settings
* Updated icon and readme.txt
= 2.4 =
* Fixed security issues: Authentication bypass and path traversal attack (Thanks goes to Mogwai, IT-Sicherheitsberatung Munich)
* Included new languages in settings page.
= 2.5 =
* Tested in WordPress 4.2.2
* Updated Pixabay API to use secure HTTPS connection.
= 2.6 =
* Reverting to using HTTP for internal Pixabay API requests.
= 2.7 =
* Using HTTP/HTTPS auto detection for Pixabay API requests.
= 2.8 =
* Yet another fix to make the plugin work properly with HTTPS sites.
= 2.9 =
* Making latest fix work in older PHP versions.
= 2.10 =
* Fixed bug for network installations.
* Fixed `You don't have permission to edit this post` issue.
* Fixed plugin for SSL sites.
* Fixed issues with IE 10/11.
= 2.11 =
* Tested in WordPress 4.2.3
* Second fix for `You don't have permission to edit this post` issue.
* Fixed warning about wp_enqueue_script on plugin activation.
= 2.12 =
* Improved security
* Changed default upload path.
= 2.13 =
* Updated Pixabay API calls.
* Tested in WordPress 4.4
= 2.14 =
* Version number fixed.
= 2.15 =
* Compatibility tested for WordPress 4.7
= 3.0 =
* Compatibility tested for WordPress 4.8.1
* Modernized layout and improved handling.
* Endless scroll for search results.
* Larger preview images.
= 3.1 =
* Compatibility tested for WordPress 4.9
* Included SafeSearch filter in settings
* Fixed https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-file-attachment-metadata-error-3/
= 3.2 =
* Some bug fixes.
= 3.3 =
* Some bug fixes.
= 3.4 =
* Fixed "Invalid upload" bug.
* Fixed multi site plugin activation failure.
* Fixed cURL image download timeout.
== Upgrade Notice ==
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
The right marketing strategies can fuel your growth and profit. Learn how t...
Backlinks are hyperlinks from one webpage to another webpage. Learn how to ...
After the very last action taken in the function when a user logs in, the w...
Advanced SEO can get very technical, however there are a few fundamentals y...