Contributors: danieliser, codeatlantic
Author URI: https://wppopupmaker.com/?utm_source=readme-header&utm_campaign=Readme&utm_medium=author-uri
Plugin URI: https://wppopupmaker.com/?utm_capmaign=Readme&utm_source=readme-header&utm_medium=plugin-uri
Tags: marketing, popup, popups, optin, advertising, conversion, responsive popups, promotion, popover, pop-up, pop over, lightbox, conversion, modal
Requires at least: 4.1
Tested up to: 5.3
Requires PHP: 5.6
Stable tag: 1.9.1
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Everything you need to create unique popup user experiences. Insert forms & other content from your favorite plugins to create custom responsive popups.
== Description ==
= Create Effective Popups For WordPress =
[Popup Maker](https://wppopupmaker.com)™ is the **best popup plugin WordPress** has to offer. It is incredibly versatile & flexible. Bend it to create any type of popup, modal, or content overlay for your WordPress website.
Easily create email opt-in popups, contact form popups, announcements, [EU cookie notices](https://ninjaforms.com/eu-cookie-notices-ninja-forms/), slide-ins, & more. Check out some examples in our video below:
[Stunning examples of what you can create in Popup Maker **(View Video)**](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PomnMganMVM)
Create unlimited popups of every type you need and customize every facet of each of your popups from theme and position, to targeting and cookies.
= Trusted by many people just like you! =
Popup Maker is used on over 400,000 websites and has received over 3,100 5-star reviews just like this one:
> **Great product – best I’ve used!**
> "I’ve tried many different popup programs, but I must say I find this one the best!" ~[@jessefjosserand](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/great-product-best-ive-used/)
= What's Included for Free: =
* This popup plugin has limitless potential with no restrictions. If you can’t get the functionality you’re after, we’ll be happy to help you! Just ask at [https://wppopupmaker.com/support/](https://wppopupmaker.com/support/).
* Slide Out Popups, Banner Bars, Floating Sticky Popups, Notification Popups, Loading Screen Popups, Video Lightboxes, and Opt-In Form Popups.
* Our popups support the most popular form building plugins available: Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7, Caldera Forms, WPForms, MC4WP (Mailchimp for WordPress), & More.
* We support every list building form, including but not limited to: MailChimp, AWeber, InfusionSoft, GetResponse, Constant Contact, Mail Poet, Mad Mimi, Hubspot, and Emma.
* Use our unique **Popup Editor** to build any content you can imagine inside of our popups, plus control popup sizing, position, animation, and so much more.
* **Conditions** allow you to target exactly who will (and will not) see your popups. Target any WordPress content such as: posts, pages, and 26 more!
* Create WooCommerce popups easily with built in targeting rules for Products & Shop pages.
* Dictate the frequency at which users see your popups using **Cookies**, and edit how the cookies are created using Cookie Creation Events.
* **Click Triggers** allows you to trigger a popup on click of menu items, sidebars, buttons, images, or any other content on your site. We have various methods allowing you to integrate our click triggers with nearly any plugin or theme.
* **Auto Open Triggers** allows you to set a **timed delay**, then the popup will display according to your preference.
* Trove of options to customize the look of your popup using our unique **Theme Editor**. Change colors, shadows, fonts, paddings, and much, much more.
> **Great plugin, everything I needed**
> "Really nice plugin, simple to use, responsive, a good catch !" ~[@lemmmy](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/great-plugin-everything-i-needed/)
= Enhance Your WordPress Popups Using Our Premium Features =
* [Exit Intent](https://wppopupmaker.com/extensions/exit-intent/?utm_source=readme-description&utm_medium=text-link&utm_campaign=Upsell&utm_content=exit-intent "Exit Intent")
* [AJAX Login Modals](https://wppopupmaker.com/extensions/ajax-login-modals/?utm_source=readme-description&utm_medium=text-link&utm_campaign=Upsell&utm_content=ajax-login-modal "AJAX Login Modals")
* [Age Verification Modals](https://wppopupmaker.com/extensions/age-verification-modals/?utm_source=readme-description&utm_medium=text-link&utm_campaign=Upsell&utm_content=age-verification-modals "Age Verification Modals") - Verify the age of your users before allowing them to view pages or click buttons/links.
* [Popup Analytics](https://wppopupmaker.com/extensions/popup-analytics/?utm_source=readme-description&utm_medium=text-link&utm_campaign=Upsell&utm_content=popup-analytics "Popup Analytics")
* [Advanced Targeting Conditions](https://wppopupmaker.com/extensions/advanced-targeting-conditions/?utm_source=readme-description&utm_medium=text-link&utm_campaign=Upsell&utm_content=advanced-targeting-conditions "Advanced Targeting Conditions")
* And [many more](https://wppopupmaker.com/extensions/)!
Follow this plugin on [GitHub](https://github.com/PopupMaker/Popup-Maker) and [Twitter](https://twitter.com/wppopupmaker)!
Would you like to help translate the **best WordPress popup plugin** into more languages? [Join our WP-Translations Community](https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/popup-maker).
If you are enjoying this wonderful popup plugin, [please rate & review it](https://wppopupmaker.com/rate-us/?utm_source=readme-description&utm_medium=text-link&utm_campaign=Readme&utm_content=rate-us) to share the love <3!
= Created by Code Atlantic =
Popup Maker is built by the [Code Atlantic][codeatlantic] team. We create high-quality WordPress plugins that help you grow your WordPress sites.
Check out some of our most popular plugins:
* [User Menus][usermenus] - Show Or Hide Menu Items For Different Users
* [Ahoy][ahoy] - Automated Marketing Messages for WordPress
* [Content Control][contentcontrol] - Restrict Access to Pages and Posts
[codeatlantic]: https://code-atlantic.com "Code Atlantic - High Quality WordPress Plugins"
[usermenus]: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-menus/ "Show Or Hide Menu Items For Different Users"
[ahoy]: https://useahoy.com "Automated Marketing Messages for WordPress"
[contentcontrol]: https://wordpress.org/plugins/content-control/ "Control Who Can Access Content"
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Where is your documentation? =
You can find our documentation over on [our docs site](https://docs.wppopupmaker.com?utm_medium=text-doclink&utm_campaign=Readme&utm_source=readme-faq&utm_content=where-are-docs)
= How do I open a popup? =
Using "triggers", you can customize what makes each popup open. Review [our triggers documentation here](https://docs.wppopupmaker.com/article/141-triggers-cookies?utm_medium=text-doclink&utm_campaign=Readme&utm_source=readme-faq&utm_content=open-a-popup)
= How do I stop popups from opening repeatedly? =
Using "cookies", you can set up how long until the popup opens again, if ever. Review [our cookies documentation](https://docs.wppopupmaker.com/article/148-cookies?utm_medium=text-doclink&utm_campaign=Readme&utm_source=readme-faq&utm_content=stop-opening-repeatedly)
= What do I do if I want a popup to show only on a certain page/post/etc? =
Using "conditions", you can specify where the popup will be shown. Check out [our conditions documentation](https://docs.wppopupmaker.com/article/140-conditions?utm_medium=text-doclink&utm_campaign=Readme&utm_source=readme-faq&utm_content=target-certain-pages)
= How do I make it work with my 3rd party forms? =
When we detect that ID in PHP, we queue up that popup to reopen immediately after refresh to show errors or success messages.
= How do I take advantage of the success actions Popup Maker provides for 3rd party forms? =
We have built-in support for the most popular form plugins. But if we don't, then we have a few helper functions that allow you to take full advantage of our success actions and setting cookies.
= Why aren't my popups opening/working? =
There are several common causes for this, check [this guide for help](https://docs.wppopupmaker.com/article/265-my-popup-wont-work-how-can-i-fix-it?utm_medium=text-doclink&utm_campaign=Readme&utm_source=readme-faq&utm_content=popup-wont-open) resolving it.
== Screenshots ==
1. Create and edit an infinite number of unique popups to get any job done.
2. Use our popup editor to customize every facet of your popup completely.
3. Use the display settings in the popup editor and choose from an abundance of options, including responsive sizes and animation types!
4. Add triggers to your popups to determine what causes it to open. Our free triggers include: Click Open and Auto Open.
5. Choose from many conditions to target exactly who will (and will not) see your popups.
6. Prevent your popups from being annoying to users by using cookies to disable them once they have been viewed.
7. Create and edit an unlimited number of popup themes for every situation.
8. Use the theme editor to choose from over 60 options and theme every element of your popup: Background Overlay, Popup Container, Close Button, Google Fonts, and much more.
== Changelog ==
View our [complete changelog](https://github.com/PopupMaker/Popup-Maker/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md) for up-to-date information on what has been going on with the development of Popup Maker.
= v1.9.1 - 02/13/2020 =
* Fix: JS error when MailChimp for WordPress was active but no forms on the page.
= v1.9.0 - 02/11/2020 =
* Feature: New Form Submission trigger with option to choose specific forms for integrated forms.
* Feature: New Form Submission cookie event with option to choose specific forms.
* Feature: New Close on Form Submission with optional delay.
* Feature: WP Forms integration.
* Feature: Caldera Forms integration.
* Feature: MailChimp for WordPress integration
* Improvement: Enhanced asset cache to identify issues with a site's filesystem.
* Improvement: Various changes to ensure PHP 7.4 compatibility.
* Improvement: Minimum PHP version updated to v5.6 to match WP core.
* Improvement: Simplified form integration interfaces to more easily support additional form plugins or custom integrations. Includes full AJAX & non-AJAX form support.
* Improvement: Added RTL CSS support.
* Improvement: Added new SVG admin menu icon which plays well with custom admin color schemes. Thanks @KZeni (Kurt Zenisek)
* Improvement: Simplified form integration apis.
* Improvement: Various performance improvements.
* Tweak: Remove unnecessary usage of esc_attr_e causing extra translation calls.
* Fix: Bug when accept language header is not supplied causes undefined index notice.
* Fix: Error caused by invalid post ID returned by CF7 when saving new forms.
* Fix: Bug when selecting more than 10 items in targeting rule post/page select fields.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
A footer is VERY important part of your WordPress website. Learn how to imp...
Backlinks are hyperlinks from one webpage to another webpage. Learn how to ...
WordPress is a popular PHP CMS, learn about some of the basic security meas...