Contributors: webzunft, max-bond, advancedads
Tags: fixed widget, sticky widget, sidebar, ads, widget
Requires at least: 4.0
Tested up to: 5.2
Stable tag: 5.1.9
More attention and a higher ad performance with fixed sticky widgets.
== Description ==
Use the fixed widget plugin to create sticky widgets that stay in the visible screen area when the page is scrolled up or down.
Sticky widgets are perceived much better by your visitors than unfixed widgets and therefore have a significantly higher click-through rate. Therefore, this option is especially useful for ads or other items that visitors want to interact with.
The recommended solution for integrating ads in WordPress is the free ad management plugin [Advanced Ads](https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-ads/).
* [Manual and demo](https://wpadvancedads.com/fixed-widget-wordpress/)
= Compatibility =
The plugin is not working with all themes! Theme requirements:
* jQuery 1.7 is required, jQuery 1.8.3 (or later) is recommended.
* `wp_head()` and `wp_footer()` functions in header.php and footer.php files.
* Widgets must have an ID attribute.
In some themes fixed widgets „jump“ during scrolling, etc. Some CSS changes at your theme will be required in this case.
== Installation ==
1. Follow the standard WordPress plugin installation procedure
2. Activate the plugin through the plugins menu in WordPress
3. Go to Appearance -> Widgets, enable the "Fixed Widget" option on any active widget
4. Fine tune plugin parameters on Appearance -> Fixed Widget Options page
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Why is the Fixed Widget plugin not working? =
There are several reasons:
2. No `wp_head()` and `wp_footer()` functions in template. Check header.php and footer.php files of your active theme.
3. Conflicts with other plugins and scripts
4. CSS incompatibility
= Is it possible to fix multiple widgets? =
Yes, it is possible to fix more than one widget even if they are located in different sidebars.
= Why is the plugin not working in Chrome (and other Webkit based browsers)? =
Check your CSS files for these two instructions:
If found, disable them and see the result.
= How to prevent overlapping with the footer? =
Go to WP admin area, Appearance -> Fixed Widget Options. Here you can define the top and bottom margins. Set bottom margin value >= footer height. Check the result, please.
If your footer height is changing from page to page it is better to use the `Stop ID` option. Here you need to provide the HTML tag ID. The position of that HTML element will determine the margin bottom value. For example, let's take the Twenty Sixteen default theme. The theme's footer container has an id="colophon". In the `Stop ID` option I need to enter just the colophon, without any other symbols!
= How to disable the plugin on mobile devices? =
There are two options: `Disable Width` and `Disable Height`. They works the same way. If the browser window width/height is less then or equals specified value, the plugin is disabled. You can also use the [visitor conditions of Advanced Ads](https://wpadvancedads.com/manual/visitor-conditions/) to target specific user groups.
== Screenshots ==
1. The Fixed Widget for WordPress plugin in action
== Changelog ==
= 5.1.9 =
= 5.1.8 =
= 5.1.7 =
* Fixed "a.target.className.indexOf is not a function" bug
= 5.1.6 =
* linguistic corrections
* cleanup of the options page
= 5.1.5 =
* author change
= 5.1.4 =
* Added filter "q2w3-fixed-widgets". It allows to filter array of widgets marked as fixed.
= 5.1.3 =
* Now compatible with WP Page Widget plugin
= 5.1.2 =
* Now works fine with Shortcodes Ultimate widgets!
= 5.1.1 =
* Resolves problems with Margin Bottom and Stop ID from version 5.1!
= 5.1 =
* New options load method!
* Tested with WordPress 4.9
= 5.0.4 =
* Compatibility patch for Better Wordpress Minify plugin.
= 5.0.3 =
* Improved solution for "q2w3_sidebar_options is not defined" error.
= 5.0.2 =
* To resolve "q2w3_sidebar_options is not defined" error `wp_add_inline_script` function is used. WordPress 4.5 required for this fix!
* Added option `Disable MutationObserver`. Use this option only as a backup to restore version 4 behavior!
= 5.0.1 =
* Fixed problem in multiple sidebars layout
= 5.0 =
* Optimized client side performance. Detection of page changes is now based on MutationObserver API. Widget parameters recount is fired only when needed! Refresh interval option used only for campatibility with old browsers (no MutationObserver API support).
* Improved compatibility with caching plugins (W3TC, Autoptimize and etc.). No need to exclude jQuery and plugin files from cache!
* Async/Defer script load method support
* Added `Disable Width` and `Disable Height` options
* Note for cache plugins users: don't forget to clear cache after upgrading to version 5! Options format has been changed!
= 4.1 =
* Added `Stop ID` option. Use it when you cannot specify `Margin Bottom` value. Solution provided by [Julian_Kingman](https://wordpress.org/support/profile/julian_kingman)!
* Now the plugin is aware of the Wordpress admin bar presence!
* Fixed destruction of `jQuery(window).load` hook. There should be no problems with other jQuery plugins now!
* Added German translation
* Updated internationalization support
= 4.0.6 =
* A small [bug fix](http://wordpress.org/support/topic/widget-gets-wider-when-it-reaches-the-top)
* Added French translation
= 4.0.5 =
* New option "Inherit widget width from the parent container" to better support responsive layouts.
= 4.0.4 =
* Added option "Auto fix widget id". It is on by default. If the plugin is working with this option switched off - leave it in off position!
= 4.0.3 =
* Optimized code to resolve [plugin crash after 4.0.1 update](http://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-plugin-crash-after-401-update) problem
= 4.0.1 =
* Hotfix! Removes problem with duplicated widget code.
= 4.0 =
* Resolved [widget jumping](http://wordpress.org/support/topic/widgets-below-fixed-widgets-jump-up)
* Added code to automatically fix "widget id problem"
* Added new compatibility option (plugin priority)
* Added complete uninstall (uninstall script launched automatically when you DELETE plugin)
* Added Spanish translation
* Removed depricated options
= 3.0 =
* This version brings you a long waited capability to stick widgets located in different sidebars! Enjoy!
* Fixed conflict with WP Page Widget plugin
* A few small bugs cleaned
* Warning! "Disable plugin on mobile devices" and "Disable plugin on tablet devices" options now are depricated and will be removed in the next release. Use "Screen Max Width" option instead!
= 2.3 =
* Now user can disable plugin, when browser window width is less then specified value (check plugin options).
= 2.2.4 =
* This version compatible with jQuery 1.9 and 1.10
= 2.2.3 =
* Little internal improvments
* Mobile Detect updated to version 2.6.0
= 2.2.2 =
* Fixed PHP [Error](http://wordpress.org/support/topic/breakes-with-php-53)
* Mobile Detect updated to version 2.5.8
= 2.2.1 =
* Fixed PHP [Warning](http://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-with-the-new-update-22)
= 2.2 =
* Added new option to plugin settings: Refresh interval. Recommended values between 500 - 2000 milliseconds. Note: setting have impact on the site performance (client side). If you don't have dynamic content, set Refresh interval = 0.
* Mobile Detect class updated to version 2.5.7
= 2.1 =
* New option to define custom widget IDs for static sidebars and etc.
* New option to disable plugin on mobile devices.
= 2.0 =
* Fixed footer overlapping problem! Now users can customize top and bottom margins for the fixed widgets from the admin area (Appearance -> Fixed Widget Options).
* Added localization support
= 1.0.3 =
* Normalized plugin behavior when sidebar is longer then main content. Note: possible overlapping with footer is still exists.
= 1.0.2 =
* Fixed problem with widgets displayed only on certain pages.
= 1.0.1 =
* Improved compatibility with Webkit based browsers (like Chrome and Safari).
* Removed unnecessary CSS.
= 1.0 =
* First public release.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
A footer is VERY important part of your WordPress website. Learn how to imp...
Why do you need to manage customer information and customer interactions, a...
How to create tabs with HTML and jQuery. Need a tabbed view for your websit...