Plugin Name: SmartCrawl WordPress SEO checker, analyzer, and optimizer
Plugin URI: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/smartcrawl-wordpress-seo/
Tags: wordpress seo optimization, seo, keywords, xml sitemap, content analysis, search engine optimization, meta title and description, url redirects, auto-notify search engines, best seo plugin wordpress, pagerank, website ranking
Author URI: https://premium.wpmudev.org/
Author: WPMU DEV
Requires at least: 4.6
Tested up to: 5.3.2
Stable tag: 2.5.1
SmartCrawl SEO checker, content analysis and search optimizer to rank higher and get discovered in search engines.
== Description ==
*Give your site better WordPress SEO optimization with SmartCrawl. Improve keyword optimization, XML sitemaps, optimize and format your meta tags, titles and descriptions and boost your PageRank in Google.*
If you're looking for the best SEO plugin for WordPress, you need to give SmartCrawl a try. With SmartCrawl, there are no more juggling settings, making guesses, and wondering if your SEO is properly optimized. Use SmartCrawl’s one-click setup, automatic sitemaps, improved social sharing, real-time keyword and content analysis, and scans and reports.
Create clear, bold, targeted content and rank at the top of your favorite browser – from Google to Bing and Firefox to Safari.
### SmartCrawl’s SEO Tools for WordPress Include:
* One-Click Setup Wizard – Activate settings to boost your reach – no more guesswork!
* SEO Checkup & Reports - Run a Checkup and get recommendations for improving SEO.
* Titles & Meta Descriptions – Customizes how your meta tag titles and meta descriptions display on search pages.
* Leverage Social Media – SmartCrawl includes Open Graph, Twitter card, and Pinterest verification and credits you when someone shares your posts.
* Sitemap Generator – Choose which post types, archives and taxonomies you wish to include, exclude or add.
* Smart Page Analyzer – SmartCrawl has an SEO checker that scans pages and posts for readability and keyword density and makes suggestions for optimizing your content.
* SEO Crawl – Every time you add new content to your site, SmartCrawl will let Google know it’s time to recrawl your site.
* 301 Redirect – Use SmartCrawl to redirect traffic from one URL to another to protect your hard work and take advantage of high producing links.
* Integrate With Moz SEO Tools – Already use Moz? Connect your Moz reports and comparison analysis including rank and links.
* Quick Setup Import/Export – Quickly add your custom SmartCrawl SEO settings to all your sites with included import.
> “SmartCrawl is designed to increase traffic without making you jump through hoops or make major site changes. By including the most effective methods of optimization and working on autopilot, SmartCrawl gives you more time for other areas of your blog. As you work and grow, you know that SmartCrawl has your back.
” – [Neil Patel](https://neilpatel.com/blog/13-paid-wordpress-tools-thatll-double-your-blogs-traffic/)
### SmartCrawl Unlocks SEO Cheat Codes For WordPress
SEO doesn’t have to be hard! SmartCrawl optimizes your site with a click and makes it easy to tweak and customize with loads of pro tips for winning visitors.
### Free SEO Checkup
SmartCrawl will scan your site and find ways to optimize your content and make it more discoverable by search engines. Avoid human error with SmartCrawl! She’ll help create better links, tags, descriptions, images, sitemaps, anchors and improve overall page structure.
### Analyze Content And Get Suggestions In Real-Time
SmartCrawl runs content analysis in both the post and page editor. Get instant feedback with suggestions for improving your content – SmartCrawl will make your site easier to read and find.
### Get Your Content Recognized On Social Media With Open Graph
Use Open Graph, Twitter Cards, and Pinterest verification to connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube and most every social network for sharing and crediting your content. Take full advantage of viral content with SmartCrawl’s social integrations.
### SmartCrawl Has Full SEO Control For Multisite
SmartCrawl gives you options to control SEO settings across an entire network as a Super Admin or powerful search optimization settings for individual site owners. Make bulk changes for Multisite or optimize each site.
###301 URL Redirect
Automatically redirect traffic from one URL to another. Use this tool if you have changed a page’s URL and wish to keep traffic flowing to the new page.
###The Rank-Higher Convert-Better SEO Tool
Search Engine Optimization is not a trick, it’s all about following best practices.
If you’re running a business website or eCommerce store and are not properly optimizing your sites, you will lose sales.
SmartCrawl is here to help you: it’s a one of a kind WordPress search engine optimization plugin that makes your site easier to find and improves website ranking, for free!
You get our WordPress search optimization tools, which includes the XML sitemap generator, auto-notify search engines when a change is made on your site, and integration with MOZ, scans and recommendations, readability checks and so much more.
Smartcrawl is built with ease-of-use in mind: it makes your WordPress site easier to find, but it’s also simple to set up. Run a scan and implement recommended changes in one-click, improving your PageRank in mere minutes. If you need a fully-optimized WordPress site, [you should get a WPMU DEV Membership](https://premium.wpmudev.org/?utm_source=wordpress.org&utm_medium=readme&utm_campaign=smartcrawl-readme&utm_content=you_should_get_wpmudev_membership#trial).
Our Membership gives you access to SmartCrawl Pro – which features automated scanning, reports, automatic linking for specific keywords, Crawler that checks for broken URLs, 404s, and multiple redirections – alongside Smush Pro image optimization, all our premium WordPress plugins, and 24/7 WordPress support.
[It’s an incredible deal, and you can find out more here](https://premium.wpmudev.org/?utm_source=wordpress.org&utm_medium=readme&utm_campaign=smartcrawl-readme&utm_content=its-an-incredible-deal-and-you-can-find-out-more-here#trial).
Take the next step with a [WPMU DEV Membership](https://premium.wpmudev.org/?utm_source=wordpress.org&utm_medium=readme&utm_campaign=smartcrawl-readme&utm_content=wpmudev_membership#trial).
###What Do People Say About SmartCrawl?
> I love the color-coded grading system. It lets me see my SEO effectiveness at a glance. Works great! – [elbeedee](https://wordpress.org/support/users/elbeedee/)
>I must say that after Yeosting someone else’s plugin for a few years, this interface is much more user-friendly. I am not sure yet, as to its results, but I am happy so far. – [billk6969](https://wordpress.org/support/users/billk6969/)
>Took all the mystery out of how to speed up my site! I love this plugin! – [vdeluca](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vdeluca/)
>There are good developers and then there are great developers. This developer is great! Super high-quality product that works seamlessly without error. I can tell a lot of thought went into creating this software. – [Tim Slazyk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/themaskedmarvel/)
###A Note From SmartCrawl
Hey! This is SmartCrawl, your trusted Search Engine Optimizer for WordPress. I’m part of the WPMU DEV team, a superhero-suite of WordPress plugins, services, and support. Here are some of our other free plugins:
- [Smush](https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smushit/) - Image Compression and Optimization
- [Forminator](https://wordpress.org/plugins/forminator/) – Form, Quiz, Poll and Survey Builder
- [Hummingbird](https://wordpress.org/plugins/hummingbird-performance/) - Page Speed Optimization
- [Hustle](https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-popup/) - Pop-ups, Slide-ins and Email Opt-ins
- [Defender](https://wordpress.org/plugins/defender-security/) - Security, Monitoring and Hack Protection
And if you need ALL our Pro plugins, services, AND 24/7 WordPress support, get WPMU DEV membership! You can try it free for 30 days: [premium.wpmudev.org](https://premium.wpmudev.org/?utm_source=wordpress.org&utm_medium=readme&utm_campaign=smartcrawl-readme&utm_content=link_wpmudev#trial)
My superhero friends run the WPMU DEV Blog, your source for the very best WordPress tutorials. If you need to be in the know about WordPress, check it out.
Thanks for looking at SmartCrawl, and I look forward to helping you rank higher with the very best SEO practices.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Other SEO plugins only guarantee support for Premium subscribers. Is SmartCrawl fully-supported? =
We have dedicated staff that provide world-class support on the WordPress forums for all our free plugins. If you don’t want to wait, upgrade for real-time live chat support 24/7/365
= I added new titles in SmartCrawl and Google is still showing my old titles and descriptions. What gives!? =
If you've recently updated your titles and description, Google probably hasn't indexed them just yet. It can take up to a week for Google to index changes you’ve made.
Use the “New Crawl” button in the sitemap tab to notify Google of any changes to your site. The Google cache will update when your site has be recrawled. Be patient, it can take some time for the new information to show.
= Does SmartCrawl work with Custom Post Types? =
Yes, it does! SmartCrawl SEO has full support for custom post types, both in overall management tools (Settings > Title&Meta), as well as in the editor. Plus it works out of the box with both built-in and custom taxonomies.
= Does SmartCrawl work with content in page builders like Visual Composer or Beaver Builder? =
SmartCrawl works with any normal WP content and page builders shouldn’t be an exception. As long as your theme uses posts, pages and custom post types, SmartCrawl will work.
== Screenshots ==
1. Use SEO Checkup for suggestions on improving search results.
2. SmartCrawl makes it easy to get started with the one-click wizard.
3. Sitemaps tell search engines what content is on your site.
4. Use OpenGraph and Twitter Cards to optimize social sharing.
== Changelog ==
= 2.5.1 =
* New: Minor code improvements
= 2.5.0 =
* New: SEO checkup report revamped to have better recommendations and action buttons
* New: Better filtering of Twitter tags
* Fix: Quick setup conflict with Themify
* Fix: Whitelabelling not working for page source code
* Fix: Copy incorrectly referencing 100+ plugins
* Fix: Link to TTF font file incorrect
* Fix: External URL redirects not working
* Fix: Custom meta tags can't be deleted
= 2.4.3 =
* Fix: Fixed post editor conflict with WP 5.3
= 2.4.2 =
* Fix: Disabling all sitemap taxonomies doesn't work as expected
= 2.4.1 =
* Fix: Autolink settings affected by robots editor activation
= 2.4.0 =
* New: Control how your content is analyzed with the new analysis engine selector
* New: Sitemap can now be split into multiple light-weight sitemaps
* New: High contrast mode for accessibility
* New: Robots.txt editor
* New: New settings in the onboarding modal
* Fix: UI adjustments in checkup reporting tab
* Fix: Removed meta keyword settings due to their negligible SEO impact
* Fix: Added new notice explaining that readability analysis works for English sites only
* Fix: "Keyword used before" warning shown for exact match focus keywords only
* Fix: Added options to reset plugin data and control what is kept/deleted when plugin is uninstalled
* Fix: Removed link titles for keyword links in automatic linking
* Fix: Updated incorrect link to WPMUDev in footer
* Fix: Warning in PHP 7 when post metabox values saved
* Fix: Incorrect examples in description of URL field in custom autolinks modal
* Fix: Deactivating onpage module affecting unrelated functionality
* Fix: Version 3.x of AIOSEO not supported by importer
= 2.3 =
* New: New, exciting, mobile-friendly UI in the admin area
* New: Support for whitelabel features
* New: Improved performance and reliability of SEO checkup and sitemap crawler
* New: Code improvements for the display of meta values
* New: New filter for addition of extra SEO and readability content
* New: Yoast importer now less likely to show "No compatible data ..." error
* New: New BuddyPress settings on Title & Meta page
* Fix: Redirect attachment settings getting overwritten
* Fix: Errors on Woocommerce shop page
* Fix: Category titles incorrect in certain situations
* Fix: Port matching issues in redirection module
* Fix: Multisite always showing "Homepage set to static page" message
* Fix: Sitewide sitemap settings not applied to network sub-sites
* Fix: Branda not able to change Smartcrawl admin bar text
* Fix: Non-public taxonomies listed on Title & Meta page
* Fix: Autolinks module causing styling issues
* Fix: Readability analysis compatibility issue with PHP 5.3
* Fix: Macros can not be added to term title and description
* Fix: JS console error on WP attachment editor page
* Fix: UI bugs when focus keyword ignored in SEO analysis
* Fix: Autolinking module showing self-links
* Fix: SEO analysis not working with autosaves disabled
* Fix: Sitemap showing invalid timestamps for certain post types
* Fix: Links on Title & Meta page pointing to incorrect tab on the social page
* Fix: Google plus field on social accounts page
* Fix: Visual issue (tooltip getting cut off) on sitemap reporting page
* Fix: Social account URLs with whitespaces not saved
* Fix: Untranslatable string in separator settings on Title & Meta page
* Fix: Fields losing focus while typing
* Fix: Visual issues on small screens
* Fix: Settings pages pointing to old documentation
= 2.2.6 =
* New: Support for Yoast v10 and AIOSEO v2.12 in third-party importer
* Fix: Redirects added from sitemap crawl report not converted to absolute
* Fix: Sitemap can't be removed while SC is active
* Fix: Import not working for Automatic linking settings
* Fix: Metabox conflict in classic editor
= 2.2.5 =
* New: New filters for modifying OpenGraph values
* New: Improved accuracy of readability analysis
* Fix: Missing columns on the post list page
* Fix: Certain websites throwing 404 error on redirection
* Fix: SEO metabox shown for non-public posts
* Fix: Better Gutenberg compatibility
* Fix: Warning on sitemap settings page
* Fix: Added ability to increase analysis request timeout
* Fix: Improved autoloader performance
* Fix: Warning in metabox placeholder loader
* Fix: Inaccurate preview when more recent post revision available
* Fix: Update the AIOSEOP importer to include the latest version
* Fix: Stylesheet URL incorrect in sub-site sitemaps
= 188.8.131.52 =
* Fix: Show the WP.org rating request to admins only
= 2.2.4 =
* New: URL redirection to external domains
* Fix: SEO and readability analysis of password-protected posts
* Fix: sitemap throws error if there's an image with ampersand sign
* Fix: metabox showing details from other posts when globals modified
* Fix: better autolinks compatibility with unicode languages
* Fix: code improvements for sitemap dashboard
* Fix: twitter and OG issues on static posts page
* Fix: third-party import notice appears for very old data
* Fix: conflicts on woocommerce shop page
= 2.2.3 =
* New: created new UI for Yoast and All In One SEO importers
* New: new option to keep existing post meta intact during import
* New: opengraph code optimizations and improvements
* New: made automatic sitemap updates less resource intensive
* New: made macros more extensible through new filters and actions
* New: support for dynamic placeholders prefixed with 'ct_' 'ct_desc_' and 'cf_'
* Fix: issues caused by shortcode execution (integration with Divi, Avada, WPBakery and Swift page builders)
* Fix: performance issues due to frequent analysis reruns
* Fix: minor conflict with Gutenberg
* Fix: autolinking module modifying inline scripts
* Fix: outdated meta title and meta description limits
* Fix: metabox conflict on media edit page
* Fix: saving menus taking too much time when analysis active
* Fix: post featured image printed as og:image before more specific images
* Fix: issues in Avada page builder integration
* Fix: log file not being written correctly
* Fix: issues caused by faulty packaging
* Fix: metabox preview showing raw HTML tags
* Fix: search engine update link unnecessarily shown on WP dashboard
* Fix: misnamed translation file
* Fix: missing trailing slash in sitemap home URL
* Fix: dates shown in sitemap dashboard widget not translatable
* Fix: sitemap creation error shows html tags
* Fix: format of date printed through %%currentdate%% placeholder not changeable
* Fix: miscellaneous typos and copy changes
* Fix: twitter placeholders on category edit page not accurate
* Fix: sitemap XSL stylesheet URL/path resolution issue
* Fix: twitter fields displayed unnecessarily on term edit page
* Fix: update plugin version constant to ensure cache busting
* Fix: untruncated title and description shown in Google previews
* Fix: typo in upsell modal
* Fix: metabox preview showing divi shortcodes
* Fix: issues caused by shortcode execution
* Fix: sub-headings check should pass if even one of the sub-headings contains our focus keywords
* Fix: twitter card preview not loading
* Fix: static front page handled as single post page
* Fix: static homepage does not show correct meta values in all scenarios
* Fix: static homepage built with builders shows shortcodes in 'Title & Meta' settings
* Fix: metabox preview showing WPBakery shortcodes
* Fix: warnings in autoloader
* Fix: importer support for yoast version 9
* Fix: metabox preview showing raw placeholders
= 184.108.40.206 =
* Fix: resolved conflict with swift framework mini product widget
* Fix: resolved styling conflicts with WPBakery and a few other plugins
* Fix: performance improvement for title and meta rewriting
= 220.127.116.11 =
* Fix: fixed issue causing WSOD on some sites
* Fix: don't show raw shortcodes in auto-generated meta description
* Fix: better compatibility of readability and SEO analysis with page builders
* Fix: made Google preview in the SC metabox more accurate
= 18.104.22.168 =
* Fix: reverted 22.214.171.124 changes causing WSOD on some sites
= 126.96.36.199 =
* Fix: don't show raw shortcodes in auto-generated meta description
* Fix: better compatibility of readability and SEO analysis with page builders
* Fix: made Google preview in the SC metabox more accurate
= 188.8.131.52 =
* Fix: fixed SEO checkup for free version
= 184.108.40.206 =
* Fix: fixed edge case autolinks issue
= 220.127.116.11 =
* Fix: Allow data import from Yoast 8.x
* Fix: Updated plugin version constant to latest version for cache busting
= 2.2.2 =
* New: support for custom post type archives
* New: noindex/nofollow for post types
* New: new OpenGraph tags og:url, og:type, og:image:width and og:image:height
* New: code optimization
* New: integration test suite for quality assurance
* New: link each page to the relevant documentation section on the plugin website
* New: import social profile links from AIOSEOP
* New: dynamically adjust the toggles under "Site Owner Permissions"
* New: update Google result preview when content is changed
* New: prompt requesting reviews on WP.org
* Fix: hide settings for disabled modules from plugin dashboard
* Fix: BuddyPress group titles missing
* Fix: links to enable OpenGraph and Twitter settings pointing to inaccessible pages
* Fix: duplicate text in SEO Checkup section of metabox
* Fix: plugin css conflicting with some WP admin components
* Fix: analysis indicators not displaying correct colors in WP post list
* Fix: settings need to be saved before reports for SEO Checkup are sent
* Fix: on WP dashboard, 'update sitemap' link in the sitemap widget not working
* Fix: typo in opengraph settings
* Fix: when new URL scan is run, the URL Crawler section not loaded automatically
* Fix: google/bing verification codes from yoast not imported correctly
* Fix: columns in the post tables take more space then they should
* Fix: google verification meta can't be removed once added
* Fix: meta description not working on WooCommerce shop page
* Fix: redundant save settings button under URL Crawler report
* Fix: typo in the upgrade popup
* Fix: when import from yoast notice dismissed, it comes back on page load
* Fix: seo column in post list shows wrong color indicator when focus keyword missing
* Fix: google/bing verification tags disappear when sitemap settings saved
* Fix: XML sitemap opened in the current tab
* Fix: when "Upgrade to Pro" clicked, pro version details opened in the current tab
* Fix: values under "Site Owner Permissions" not saved when everything turned off
* Fix: last checked time on SEO Checkup inconsistent
* Fix: if modules disabled by network admin, site admin can still see them in settings
* Fix: autolinks page has "TBC" as the description of a setting
* Fix: author archive meta description not saved
* Fix: dashboard sections display number of issues even if the corresponding module is disabled
* Fix: on network sub-sites, disabled modules not behaving properly
* Fix: previews are not refreshing on title and meta admin page
* Fix: url crawler not always listing the URLs resulting in errors
* Fix: hide SEO Checkup on network sub-sites
* Fix: remove code for old google site verification settings
* Fix: date archive settings not respected
* Fix: admin bar menu should always match the admin menu
* Fix: in url crawler, no message is shown when all missing urls added to sitemap
* Fix: MOZ metabox not styled
* Fix: Redirect Attachments options in Advanced Tools not saved when in off state
* Fix: automatic linking toggle in post metabox displays wrong state
* Fix: redundant MarketPress options
* Fix: autolinks "Exclusions" don't work when "Case Sensitive Matching" is off
* Fix: autolinks "Min Lengths" setting not working consistently
* Fix: twitter settings for date archives not working consistently
* Fix: meta description settings for search and 404 pages not working consistently
* Fix: google verification meta settings not working consistently
* Fix: quick edit fields not loading values
* Fix: unwanted space before date archive title
* Fix: minor inconsistencies in SEO analysis
* Fix: no error message displayed when default user removed in reporting section under SEO Checkup
* Fix: statistics on dashboard not refreshed when checkup completes in SEO Checkup section
* Fix: MOZ data displayed even when wrong credentials added
= 2.2.1 =
* Fix: post list pages performance issue.
= 2.2 =
* New: Yoast & All-In-One SEO importers.
* New: 'Refresh' button for content & readability analysis modules.
* New: ability to set twitter cards details on post and type level.
* Fix: compatibility with New Blog Templates plugin.
* Fix: spelling and grammar issues.
* Fix: duplicate info text in "No Image Alts" section of seo analysis.
* Fix: support for Themify themes.
* Fix: readability analysis summary outputting html tags.
* Fix: saving draft or publishing posts closes the smartcrawl module.
* Fix: problems in "Add All to Sitemap" button.
* Fix: incorrect number of missing url's on main dashboard.
= 2.1.1 =
* Initial SmartCrawl Free Release
* New: make Analysis dash widget results numeric and items clickable.
* New: add OpenGraph and Twitter options for taxonomies.
* New: exclude full URLs from sitemap.
* New: grey out deactivated modules in site owner permissions.
* New: enable styled sitemap on fresh setups.
* Fix: increase recommended description length from 160 to 230 chars.
* Fix: redirection resolution on archive pages.
* Fix: spelling and grammar issues.
* Fix: UI and styling issues.
* Fix: checkup scan tracking auto-update.
* Fix: update option label copies.
* Fix: update info links.
* Fix: admin menu style issues in Firefox.
* Fix: background color style issues.
* Fix: conflict with Divi theme.
* Fix: configuring links destinations when sitewide mode is active.
* Fix: unifiy analysis status results.
* Fix: BBPress compatibility issue with generated URLs.
* Fix: update error strings on import/export issues.
* Fix: sitemap items listed twice in audit report.
* Fix: title tag on custom post type archives issue.
* Fix: conflict with Movedo theme.
* Fix: do not calculate disabled analysis results.
* Fix: empty ignore URLs list clears sitemaps.
* Fix: user name not shown for reporting.
== About Us ==
WPMU DEV is a premium supplier of quality WordPress plugins, services and support. Join us here:
Don't forget to stay up to date on everything WordPress from the Internet's number one resource:
[WPMU DEV Blog](https://premium.wpmudev.org/?utm_source=wordpress.org&utm_medium=readme&utm_campaign=smartcrawl-readme&utm_content=wpmu_dev_blog_link)
Hey, one more thing... we hope you enjoy our [free offerings](http://profiles.wordpress.org/WPMUDEV/) as much as we've loved making them for you!
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
Typosquatting is an easy hack that poses an extinction-level threat to your...
A footer is VERY important part of your WordPress website. Learn how to imp...
After the very last action taken in the function when a user logs in, the w...
One method used by WordPress hackers is mass login attempts, learn how you ...