Donate link: https://wphowto.net/
Tags: smtp, mail, mailer, phpmailer, wp_mail, email
Requires at least: 4.8
Tested up to: 5.3
Stable tag: 1.0.8
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Configure a SMTP server to send email from your WordPress site. Configure the wp_mail() function to use SMTP instead of the PHP mail() function.
== Description ==
[SMTP Mailer](https://wphowto.net/smtp-mailer-plugin-for-wordpress-1482) plugin allows you to configure a mail server which handles all outgoing email from your website. It takes control of the wp_mail function and use SMTP instead.
=== Requirements ===
* A self-hosted website running on [WordPress hosting](https://wphowto.net/best-cheap-wordpress-hosting-1689)
=== SMTP Mailer Settings ===
* **SMTP Host**: Your outgoing mail server (e.g. smtp.gmail.com).
* **SMTP Authentication**: Whether to use SMTP authentication when sending an email (True/False). If you choose to authenticate you will also need to provide your username and password.
* **SMTP Username**: The username to connect to your SMTP server.
* **SMTP Password**: The password to connect to your SMTP server.
* **Type of Encryption**: The encryption to be used when sending an email (TLS/SSL/No Encryption. TLS is recommended).
* **SMTP Port**: The port to be used when sending an email (587/465/25). If you choose TLS the port should be set to 587. For SSL use port 465 instead.
* **From Email Address**: The email address to be used as the From Address when sending an email.
* **From Name**: The name to be used as the From Name when sending an email.
=== SMTP Mailer Test Email ===
Once you have configured the settings you can send a test email to check the functionality of the plugin.
* **To**: Email address of the recipient.
* **Subject**: Subject of the email.
* **Message**: Email body.
=== Known Compatibility ===
SMTP Mailer should work with any plugin that uses the WordPress Mail function. However, It has been tested with the following form and contact form plugins:
* Contact Form 7
* Jetpack Contact Form
* Visual Form Builder
* Fast Secure Contact Form
* Formidable Forms
* Contact Form by BestWebSoft
For detailed setup instructions please visit the [SMTP Mailer](https://wphowto.net/smtp-mailer-plugin-for-wordpress-1482) plugin page.
== Installation ==
1. Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard
1. Click the upload tab
1. Browse for the plugin file (smtp-mailer.zip) on your computer
1. Click "Install Now" and then hit the activate button
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Can I send email via SMTP from my website using this plugin? =
== Screenshots ==
1. SMTP Mailer Settings
2. SMTP Mailer Test Email Tab
== Upgrade Notice ==
== Changelog ==
= 1.0.8 =
* SMTP Mailer is compatible with WordPress 5.3.
= 1.0.7 =
* SMTP Mailer now checks for a valid nonce when sending a test email.
= 1.0.6 =
* SMTP Mailer no longer shows the saved password in the settings.
= 1.0.5 =
* SMTP Mailer is now compatible with WordPress 4.9.
= 1.0.4 =
* Updated the mail() function by setting its minimum requirements to WordPress 4.8.
* "phpmailer_init" action hook is now enabled so it can be used by other plugins.
= 1.0.3 =
* Fixed a bug where an apostrophe in the password would cause SMTP authentication failure.
= 1.0.2 =
* SMTP Mailer now supports the "wp_mail_failed" hook which fires after a phpmailerException is caught.
* Added a new option to bypass this error on some servers where the SSL certificate is not properly configured - Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed.
= 1.0.1 =
* First commit
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
After the very last action taken in the function when a user logs in, the w...
Advanced SEO can get very technical, however there are a few fundamentals y...