Contributors: Viper007Bond, automattic, donncha
Donate link: https://alex.blog/2019/03/13/in-memory-of-alex-donation-link-update/
Tags: code, sourcecode, block, php, xhtml, html, css, WordPress.com
Requires at least: 4.2.3
Tested up to: 5.3.2
Stable tag: 3.5.2
Easily post syntax-highlighted code to your site without having to modify the code at all. As seen on WordPress.com.
== Description ==
*Now with support for the new block editor in WordPress 5.0!*
For a live demo, see [this plugin's homepage](https://alex.blog/wordpress-plugins/syntaxhighlighter/).
For a list of supported languages (most widely used languages are supported), see the [WordPress.com support document](http://en.support.wordpress.com/code/posting-source-code/).
Development of this plugin is [on GitHub](https://github.com/Automattic/syntaxhighlighter).
Translation of the plugin into different languages is on the [translation page](https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/syntaxhighlighter).
*[As seen on WordPress.com.](http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2009/12/02/better-source-code-posting/)*
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= The code is just being displayed raw. It isn't being converted into a code box or anything. What's wrong? =
Make sure your theme's `footer.php` file has `` somewhere inside of it, otherwise the plugin won't be able to do it's thing.
= Highlighting doesn't work and my browser hangs, why?
== Screenshots ==
1. Example display of some PHP code.
2. An example use of the editor block.
== ChangeLog ==
= Version 3.5.2 =
* Update plugin dependencies to the latest version.
= Version 3.5.1 =
* Fix stored XSS by tightening up the autolinking code so it only does http/https text. #1
* Add more CSS keywords and values. #6
* Fork GH repository: https://github.com/Automattic/syntaxhighlighter/
= Version 3.5.0 =
* Block: Add a bunch of display settings.
* Block: Switch to server-side rendering so that the same code that renders the shortcode will render the block.
= Version 3.4.2 =
* Blocks: Support SyntaxHighlighter block being used as a reusable block.
= Version 3.4.1 =
* Bring back support for the Gutenberg plugin for the people that are still on older versions of WordPress (pre-5.0) and are using the new block editor via the Gutenberg plugin.
= Version 3.4.0 =
* Drop support for the Gutenberg plugin in favor of WordPress 5.0's native functionality (different function names).
= Version 3.3.2 =
* Gutenberg: If a language isn't selected in the block configuration, default to plain text.
= Version 3.3.1 =
* Make sure `wp-editor` script is loaded for Gutenberg.
= Version 3.3.0 =
* Gutenberg block thanks to @iandunn.
= Version 3.2.1 =
* Fix shortcode issues that would occur during post editing if the code contained what looked like opening HTML tags such as `
= Version 3.2.0 =
* Don't parse shortcodes inside of HTML entities, which could result in broken HTML.
* Drop PHP4 support. This should result in PHP7 support.
= Version 3.1.13 =
* Fix setting sanitization bug. Props Alexander Concha (@xknown).
* Don't encode shortcode contents on (un)trash. Props Andrew Ozz (@azaozz).
= Version 3.1.12 =
= Version 3.1.11 =
* SyntaxHighlighter 3.x: Fix table layout issue. Props jeherve.
* Fix sanitization bug for "classname" parameter.
* Fix a bug that prevented highlighting a range of lines, such as "5-10".
= Version 3.1.10 =
* New version of SyntaxHighlighter 3.x library to address XSS security issue. Props Ben Bidner for finding the bug and Alex Gorbatchev working with us (Automattic) to patch the issue.
* Compatibility with moving the plugins folder to a location other than the default one.
* Updated Japanese translation file thanks to Daisuke Takahashi.
= Version 3.1.9 =
* Reset box-shadow property for better theme support. Props Michael Fields.
* Crush images for smaller filesizes.
= Version 3.1.8 =
* TinyMCE 4.x compatibility. Props azaozz.
* Added German translation thanks to [Michael Berger](http://bitespresso.de/).
= Version 3.1.7 =
* XHTML validation fix by adding `type` attribute to `