Plugin Name: Widget Shortcode
Tags: widget, shortcode, theme, admin
Requires at least: 3.0
Tested up to: 5.0.3
Stable tag: 0.3.4
Adds [widget] shortcode which enables you to output widgets anywhere you like.
== Description ==
The shortcode requires the widget ID, but no need to guess, the plugin generates the code for you. To override the widget title for a widget you can use the "title" parameter:
[widget id="text-1" title="New title"]
You can also hide the widget title entirely if desired:
[widget id="text-1" title="0"]
* container_tag: the HTML tag to use for the widget container, default:
* container_class: CSS classname added to the widget container, default:
widget %2$s (Note: uses sprintf for variable substitution)
* container_id: HTML ID attribute for the widget container, default:
%1$s (Note: uses sprintf for variable substitution)
* title_tag: HTML tag to use for the widget title wrapper, default:
* title_class: CSS classname for the widget title wrapper, default:
== Installation ==
1. Upload the whole plugin directory to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. That's it. Use the [widget] shortcode anywhere you want
== Screenshots ==
1. The plugin generates the shortcode for you
2. The shortcode generator in TinyMCE editor
3. The new Widget Shortcode block in Gutenberg
== Changelog ==
= 0.3.4 =
* New Gutenberg block
= 0.3.3 =
* Additional CSS classes to the widget wrapper
= 0.3.2 =
* Fix bug with getting correct widget instance. Thanks @frankieandshadow!
= 0.3.0 =
* Fix possible notice message
= 0.2.9 =
* Fix notice messages regarding unregistered widgets
= 0.2.8 =
* Fix bug where widget titles do not show. Thanks @websitedons!
= 0.2.7 =
* update how the shortcode code is displayed to avoid potential problems; thanks @websitedons!
= 0.2.6 =
* Fix for possible notice message
* Additional parameters to control the widget output
= 0.2.5 =
* Fix notice message if widget is inactive
= 0.2.4 =
* Shortcode generator in TinyMCE
* Minor code refactoring
= 0.2.3 =
* Fixed missing widget classes and ID from before_widget
= 0.2.2 =
* Fixed a bug with removing titles from widget
* Compatibility with Widget Title Links and other plugins that change the widget args
= 0.2.1 =
* Added the ability to override the widget title in shortcode
* Support for filtering the default widget args
* Cleared the PHP notice
= 0.2 =
* Added do_widget function
* Added the 'title' option which enables to suppress the widget title
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
WordPress, Github, Docker, Jenkins, and Watchtower. We will need to use the...
How to create tabs with HTML and jQuery. Need a tabbed view for your websit...