Donate link: https://lesterchan.net/site/donation/
Tags: sweep, clean, cleanup, clean up, optimize, orphan, unused, duplicated, posts, post meta, comments, comment meta, users, user meta, terms, term meta, term relationships, revisions, auto drafts, transient, database, tables, oembed
Requires at least: 4.6
Tested up to: 5.3
Stable tag: 1.1.1
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
WP-Sweep allows you to clean up unused, orphaned and duplicated data in your WordPress. It also optimizes your database tables.
This plugin cleans up:
* Auto drafts
* Deleted comments
* Unapproved comments
* Spammed comments
* Deleted comments
* Orphaned post meta
* Orphaned comment meta
* Orphaned user meta
* Orphaned term meta
* Orphan term relationships
* Unused terms
* Duplicated post meta
* Duplicated comment meta
* Duplicated user meta
* Duplicated term meta
* Transient options
* Optimizes database tables
* oEmbed caches in post meta
This plugin uses proper WordPress delete functions as much as possible instead of running direct delete MySQL queries.
Following delete functions are used:
WP-Sweep WP REST API Endpoints
* `GET /wp-json/sweep/v1/count/
* `GET /wp-json/sweep/v1/details/
* `DELETE /wp-json/sweep/v1/sweep/
WP-Sweep WP-CLI Commands
* `wp sweep --all`. Runs sweep for all items.
* `wp sweep
* `wp sweep
WP-Sweep Available Items:
WP-Sweep is not compatible with the following plugins:
* [Meta Slider](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/ml-slider/)
* [Slider Revolution](https://revolution.themepunch.com/)
* [Viba Portfolio](https://codecanyon.net/item/viba-portfolio-wordpress-plugin/9561599)
* [Asgaros Forum](https://www.asgaros.de/)
### Build Status
[![Build Status](https://travis-ci.org/lesterchan/wp-sweep.svg?branch=master)](https://travis-ci.org/lesterchan/wp-sweep) [![Code Climate](https://codeclimate.com/github/lesterchan/wp-sweep/badges/gpa.svg)](https://codeclimate.com/github/lesterchan/wp-sweep) [![Issue Count](https://codeclimate.com/github/lesterchan/wp-sweep/badges/issue_count.svg)](https://codeclimate.com/github/lesterchan/wp-sweep)
* [https://github.com/lesterchan/wp-sweep](https://github.com/lesterchan/wp-sweep "https://github.com/lesterchan/wp-sweep")
* Plugin icon by [Freepik](http://www.freepik.com) from [Flaticon](http://www.flaticon.com)
I spent most of my free time creating, updating, maintaining and supporting these plugins, if you really love my plugins and could spare me a couple of bucks, I will really appreciate it. If not feel free to use it without any obligations.
* NEW: `wp_sweep_excluded_termids` filter.
* NEW: Added WP Rest API Endpoint support, `sweep/v1/count/
* FIXED: Follow as close as possible to WordPress Coding Standards
* NEW: Bump to WordPress 4.9
* NEW: Update README to incompatible plugins
* FIXED: Invalid plugin head 'This plugin has an invalid header.'
* NEW: Support for Codeclimate
* FIXES: Uses `get_sites()` on WordPress 4.6. This should fix deprecated notices.
* FIXES: Fixes translation placeholder count. Props @pedro-mendonca.
* FIXES: Use `manage_options` capability as it conflicts with Admin Menu Editor on multisite installs. Props @EusebiuOprinoiu.
* NEW: Added wp_sweep_excluded_taxonomies filter to allow more than just link_category taxonomy
* NEW: Support for WP-CLI `wp sweep`
* FIXES: Use custom query to delete Orphaned Term Relationship if wp_remove_object_terms() fails
* NEW: Delete 'languages' folder from the plugin
* NEW: Use translate.wordpress.org to translate the plugin
* FIXED: Works only with WordPress 4.4 because of new term meta
* FIXED: apply_filters() wrong arguments
* NEW: oEmbed caches in post meta Sweep
* NEW: Add POT file for translators
* NEW: AJAX Sweep All
* NEW: AJAX Sweeping
* NEW: View details of sweep
* NEW: Optimize DB sweep
* NEW: User hint and confirmation. Props @SiamKreative
* FIXED: Division by zero. Pros @barisunver
* FIXED: Use term_id for wp_remove_object_terms()
* FIXED: number_format_i18n() issues after sweeping
* NEW: Moved plugin location to WP-Admin -> Tools -> Sweep
* NEW: Add Deleted Post Sweep
* FIXED: Use forced_delete for wp_delete_post() and wp_delete_comment();
* FIXED: If orphaned meta has an object id of 0, use SQL query to delete
* Initial release
1. Upload `wp-sweep` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the `WP-Sweep` plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. You can access `WP-Sweep` via `WP-Admin -> Tools -> Sweep`
1. WP-Sweep Administrator Page (Before Sweeping)
2. WP-Sweep Administrator Page (Swept)
## Frequently Asked Questions
Coming soon ...
## Upgrade Notice
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
WordPress, Github, Docker, Jenkins, and Watchtower. We will need to use the...
The right marketing strategies can fuel your growth and profit. Learn how t...
After the very last action taken in the function when a user logs in, the w...
One method used by WordPress hackers is mass login attempts, learn how you ...